June 2016 Weddings

It's our time!

13»

Re: It's our time!

• Everything is falling into place smoothly!  I said yes to my dress last weekend :) We have our photographer and reception venue booked! 
  • @714hbride yeah, I had a friend get married a couple of years ago that had in your face pink, black, white EVERYWHERE. Drove me nuts. I'm pretty simple anyway, just looking for great deals on decor. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 714hbbride, exactly! I haven't bought anything yet, but my Pinterest board goes on for days! lol

@kmomac - I'm loving how much time we have left. Feeling like I'm in a good spot :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JUST BOUGHT MY DRESS THIS WEEKEND!! 

I'm so excited!

Now If only I can get my darn ticker to show!
  • @Madhops21 I never thought a church would be so hard to contact lol any update on that?
  • This past Saturday we saw 2 venues and a photographer. Can I just say, sometimes pictures can make a place look so grand, but once you go there its totally not the same.  Anywho we will be locking in the first venue sometime this week and the photographer. After those are booked I can concentrate on locking in the DJ, Cake+ cupcakes, flowers (probably in November), and hair + makeup.  
  • Congrats to you, @HotFuzzSparks! Post a photo of the dress!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • the2016bride2be. Photos can be deceiving! Congrats on locking in the venue this week!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, some of you are really ahead of the game.  I am also a June 2016 bride (got engaged Nov 2014).  So far I only have my venue booked (had to move my date to get my dream venue).  I need to make my decisions on my dress and photographer soon.  Narrowed both down to 2 choices.  I met with one florist last month.  I didn't have any idea going in.  She assured me that it's still early.  Once I pick my dress, my colors, a rough floor plan, we should meet again.  So I am gonna wait on the florist.  Now it's time to look for a DJ.
  • nddomer08 That's good to know about the florist. I already bought my dress and got the venue, but that's all. I went to a bridal expo to meet vendors and got some great discounts, so I'm going to meet with some of them later this month. I think this weekend I'm seeing a photographer and DJ, and they both offer photobooths and uplighting. I'm so excited! 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • MadHops21 said:

nddomer08 That's good to know about the florist. I already bought my dress and got the venue, but that's all. I went to a bridal expo to meet vendors and got some great discounts, so I'm going to meet with some of them later this month. I think this weekend I'm seeing a photographer and DJ, and they both offer photobooths and uplighting. I'm so excited! 

That's great you were able to get some discounts.  That florist wants the dress so she wants the bouquet style to match with the dress style.  

One other advice she gave me is to pin bouquets, floral and decors on pinterest.  Eventually, you'll be pinning the same thing over and over, your ideas and styles will converge.  This way you and the florists will have a better idea on what you want for your wedding.  Before meeting the florist, I told her I like orchids and peonies ( a side note, I don't know much about flowers).  After pinning what I have seen, I realize that I am very found of calla lily.  

All brides, if you haven't started a pinterest board on floral and and decors already, definitely to that.
  • @allballyoop I'm afraid to post my picture anywhere lol I dont want the fiance to accidentally see it somehow. Is that weird?

I've been enaged since Jan 1, 2014 so I've had a lot of time to look. I'm still having trouble with a photographer. I just need to order the cake which we've settled on, and the photobooth.
  • nddomer08 said:

MadHops21 said:

nddomer08 That's good to know about the florist. I already bought my dress and got the venue, but that's all. I went to a bridal expo to meet vendors and got some great discounts, so I'm going to meet with some of them later this month. I think this weekend I'm seeing a photographer and DJ, and they both offer photobooths and uplighting. I'm so excited! 

That's great you were able to get some discounts.  That florist wants the dress so she wants the bouquet style to match with the dress style.  

One other advice she gave me is to pin bouquets, floral and decors on pinterest.  Eventually, you'll be pinning the same thing over and over, your ideas and styles will converge.  This way you and the florists will have a better idea on what you want for your wedding.  Before meeting the florist, I told her I like orchids and peonies ( a side note, I don't know much about flowers).  After pinning what I have seen, I realize that I am very found of calla lily.  

All brides, if you haven't started a pinterest board on floral and and decors already, definitely to that.
    My favorite is orchids, but they're so damn expensive. Wondering how much that'd be from a florist. 
  • @HotFuzzSparks I didn't even think of that! Good call :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So we're really for real booked the venue. Like, the deposit is DOWN. YES!! Now I need to research wedding photographers. Last semester (I'm a high school teacher... so... like in November maybe?) I was actually trying to book someone for an engagement shoot in the Fall leaves, but they (the vendor) just let the email thread die... like... we were going to pay you and stuff. Okay, whatever. Maybe they thought the wedding was too far away. Idk. 

So would NOW be an appropriate time to start trying to find photographers? I'm not going to try that photographer again, despite how much I LOVE their style. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sassyfrass2014 I've been looking for photographers once I got my deposit down on the venue last month. The ones I've been talking to accept appointments now because everyone I go to says "Your weekend is one of the busiest". So yes, now is a good time to look. They might make a comment that it's far away, but it's good for our date because a lot of brides look to get married then since the weather is good (at least in Chicago). 

The photographer I might go with even told me it's good I'm looking now because no one is rushed to get ideas, payments, most of the dates are still open, and June is one of their busiest. 
  • You should definitely look for photographers now.  Begging of last month, I had two photographers telling me that they are not available for my date. 
  • Awesome. Thanks y'all! I'll start talking to FI about it. Good to know we need to start jumping on it!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • June 2016 bride here as well :)
  • CCR61816  Welcome! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards