May 2016 Weddings

Hey Ladies, How's Planning Going?

falsarafalsara member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited July 2015 in May 2016 Weddings
So we're now at around the ten month mark.  How are things going?  Any problems?  What have you gotten really excited about?  

We've gotten a lots things picked out it's just a matter of going and booking them with cash in hand, which is kind of a process in and of itself since I live a five hour drive from where I'm getting married.  Apparently I'm crazy. 

I just ordered our Save the Dates on Wednesday. 

We've had one major issue and it's seriously stressing me out.  We decided on a park for our ceremony spot.  This park just got turned over to the Neighborhood association by the city.  They've never held a wedding there.  They've told us we have the date, but we haven't been able to put any money down because the board hasn't decided on a price.  They haven't decided on a price because they're trying to get the water turned back on for the restrooms and such.  And I pretty much got told that they don't know when the water will be turned on, so I may not have restrooms available. That would not be ideal. So ugh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hey Ladies, How's Planning Going?

• DarthV8rDarthV8r member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    Yikes, I would be concerned too. I hope everything works out for you. As for our wedding planning we booked our venue yesterday for both ceremony and reception. Also catering is done within the venue so I got a great package for $ 90 per person. It includes wedding ceremony (location, set up and chairs)cocktail hour apps, meal, and open bar with house brands. The only snags I've had are regarding our small guestlist. It grew from 10 to 24. I invited in circles to not cause any hurt feelings. NWR my grandma was diagnosed with cancer yesterday, she is 84 and this is her 3rd time having cancer. So I had a weird day yesterday as I was excited to book my venue then hearing the bad news.
  • @ibarfbulapandlace I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. It sounds like you had a rollercoaster of a day.  

@falsara That's scary. Are you absolutely sure you want to use that for your venue?  It sounds stressful and risky, but if you love it you just need to come up with plans in case there is a water problem. 

My big check recently was ordering my dress.  It was the first dress I tried on and after going to several other stores I came back to it.  I'm super excited.  Now we are looking to book an officiant, guest transportation and finalize the guest list.  The summer has been so busy I don't want to many things to fall through the cracks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ibarfburlapandlace, I'm sorry about your grandma. It's awesome that you found a venue though!

@laurad75 Its so exciting to find the dress!

The venue is perfect in every other way. We've come up with a plan for restrooms. My parents were planning on driving their big trailer out. Dad's offered to park it at the Park and use that as a restroom.

Now we're just waiting on a contract and deposit amount. FI and I have talked. If by halfway through August they can't give us an amount we'll try and find another place. There is a nature preserve in the area that we are looking at.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @falsara I ordered our Save the Dates last week, they should be delivered tomorrow!  I am glad to hear you have a back-up plan re restrooms.  Good luck - I hope everything works out for you.

@ibarfbulapandlace I am also sorry to hear about your grandma.  I am sure she was happy to hear your good news though, that is very exciting!

We have to finalize our guest list, decide on bridesmaid/groomsmen attire and book guest transportation.  We have a bunch of stuff coming up this fall including our food tasting which I am very excited about. :)

• @falsara I ordered our Save the Dates last week, they should be delivered tomorrow!  I am glad to hear you have a back-up plan re restrooms.  Good luck - I hope everything works out for you.

@ibarfbulapandlace I am also sorry to hear about your grandma.  I am sure she was happy to hear your good news though, that is very exciting!

We have to finalize our guest list, decide on bridesmaid/groomsmen attire and book guest transportation.  We have a bunch of stuff coming up this fall including our food tasting which I am very excited about. :)

My grandma was very happy! She said, " oh you're getting married there?! We use to go to dances there!" I was happy she had fond memories of it and it made it more special for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards