Connecticut

Rehearsal Dinner Locations around Simsbury, CT

Hello ladies.. my first post!

We are looking for a place to have the rehearsal dinner in the Simsbury area. I want something really low-key (more like a pizza night type deal). Trying to keep the cost to a minimum. Needs to be for 40-ish people. I would also like it to be within a 20 minute drive. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations around Simsbury, CT

• Following! Where are you getting married in Simsbury? I'm at the 1820 House.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The Riverview! :)
  • Millwrights is spectacular but expensive.  There is the Millat 2T in Tarrifville.  These both are pricey but amazing.  Abigails is a also an option. PLan B?
  • @Laurenetracy you could also actually try the 1820 House. I've also looked into Abigails. There's a lot of unexpected places in Simsbury. FI and I found a great sushi/chinese/japanese place that's down the street when we visited.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ...McLaddens has a back area of the restaurant I am sure you could rent out.  Or, this is a bit offbeat, but you could BBQ at the Stratton Brook park.  There is a covered pavilion there and restrooms too.  It is by a small pond with a beach area
  • The back room in McLadden's might be a bit tight for 40 people if they aren't interested in walking around down in the front bar area, which would probably still be running as a restaurant at the time you'd be having a rehearsal dinner. But you can definitely rent it out cheap. I've been to a bunch of birthday parties there and the food was decent enough.

You could do Carbone's Kitchen in Bloomfield. When I worked in Bloomfield, we had a huge goodbye party there in the bar area, and I know they also have private dining. If you wanted to keep it casual, you could do a bunch of their pizzas, salads, and some pasta?

I don't know what your budget it and what you consider keeping costs down, but my fiancé and I were considering renting a room at Real Art Ways in Hartford. They were willing to let us bring in pizza from Harry's (who could not accommodate a party that large, we asked). The room rental was $500-$600 if I remember correctly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards