Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Inexpensive makeup artist

Looking for an inexpensive makeup artist near West St. Paul or Eagan (eastern twin cities).  Hoping to spend less than $100 for it all so either day of w/ free consult or both totaling less than $100...is this realistic?  Suggestions please!?

Re: Inexpensive makeup artist

• Options
    I just met with a really inexpensive make artist last week. Her name is Lana, she is only charging us $40.00 a person. She charged $20.00 for the consult. She works out of Perfection Hair Salon in Plymouth. 
  • Options
    That's a really good deal.  Unfortunately that's farther than I would be willing to travel. Thank you though!
  • Options

Why not just do your own?  Then you know you're going to look like yourself that day in all of the pics (the only difference is taking the foundation into the hairline and down further on your neck to blend the color).  Otherwise I'd see about finding a MaryKay gal to come in and do makeup as many have a rate that they charge (usually pretty reasonable) along with the cost of product being used.  I just did my own, but I also was used to doing "stage makeup" at the time...

• Options
    That's what I'm thinking about doing @MesmrEwe but I also am toying with the idea of feeling pampered the day of by getting it done.  That's not a bad idea about finding a MaryKay person...if I can find one that doesn't drive me completely nuts :)
  • Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2015
    That's what I'm thinking about doing @MesmrEwe but I also am toying with the idea of feeling pampered the day of by getting it done.  That's not a bad idea about finding a MaryKay person...if I can find one that doesn't drive me completely nuts :)

With the Mary Kay gal, obviously, plan to purchase product - part of the deal...  But, my gal I've developed a relationship with (she's one of the higher up the pyramid level reps) she knows "Don't call me, I'll call you... you call me I find someone new!"  Been loyal for quite a few years - once in a while she'll send out a "hey it's been a year!" flyer, but really she's great!

I was lucky in that my hair stylist also does make-up and even though I was doing my own make-up she'd done runway work so helped me tweek my stage makeup just a little so it looks better for the camera without making me look overdone (I wasn't extending far enough with my liner and needed to do both sides for mascara and add an eyelash curler to the mix...).  It was more in a "hey - you're looking great!  this'll take it to the next level!" in a non-pushy way even though I did the rest myself...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards