Wedding Party

Bridesmaid dresses match

I unknowingly chose the same bridesmaid dresses as my fiancés cousin. Her wedding is in 3 weeks but she posted a picture of their dresses earlier and now I am not sure what to do. Our wedding isn't for another 9 months but I don't want to pick new dresses. I am not close to his cousin but I will be attending her wedding and we are at family events together all the time. The dresses will be blue in her wedding and black in mine. Will it look bad if I keep the dress for my girls? I don't want to cause any drama.

Re: Bridesmaid dresses match

• Seriously, no one will care.  They aren't even the same color for crying out loud.  Do you know how many brides wear the same dress?  How many bridesmaids wear the same dress?  There are only finite choices when it comes to the stereotypical dresses.  It's perfectly fine.
  • I unknowingly chose the same bridesmaid dresses as my fiancés cousin. Her wedding is in 3 weeks but she posted a picture of their dresses earlier and now I am not sure what to do. Our wedding isn't for another 9 months but I don't want to pick new dresses. I am not close to his cousin but I will be attending her wedding and we are at family events together all the time. The dresses will be blue in her wedding and black in mine. Will it look bad if I keep the dress for my girls? I don't want to cause any drama.

I think you are fine to keep your BM dresses the same.  Most people who will attend both weddings will have no idea.  They are different colors and will be (most likely) carrying different flowers, to make them both look different.  Just think of it this way, you both have great taste!
  • I doubt anyone will even notice.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Who cares?
    *********************************************************************************

• It won't (or at least shouldn't) matter.
  • Trust me, know one will notice. Even if they do, who cares. It doesn't matter at all. If one of my or FI's cousins had similar bridesmaid dresses, I'd think it's cool.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• No one will notice. Don't worry about it. 
  • Doesn't matter, no one will notice. My best friend picked the same BM dresses as her sister who got married before her but in a different color and both of their weddings turned out fabulous.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards