Nevada-Las Vegas

Hi everyone this will be my 1st marriage my fiancé and I have decided to elope to vega. I have no idea where to start. We have a small budget can someone help 

Re: newbie

• Google, google, google. I tried to look at everything. We are not eloping, but spent alot of time looking stuff up online. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Little Vegas Wedding was one of my favorite web sites to look at for just general ideas. Figure out what you would like and what speaks to both of you as a couple, and then go from there! You can have as cheap or as extravagant of a ceremony as you'd like. :)
  • Welcome to the forum.  I have a bunch of info on my site at vegasgroom.com; should be a good start.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Search around the forums and ask questions. Start with creating a budget, guest list size and the feel you want. From there you can narrow down venues and other activities :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I often feel overwhelmed with the sheer number of choices.  For us it made sense to start by looking at locations first, and seeing what reception ideas and what ceremony ideas really spoke to us.  Once you find one or two things that really feel like you and feel like a good fit, it gets easier to make the other choices.
  • I often feel overwhelmed with the sheer number of choices.  For us it made sense to start by looking at locations first, and seeing what reception ideas and what ceremony ideas really spoke to us.  Once you find one or two things that really feel like you and feel like a good fit, it gets easier to make the other choices.
    This definitely works, but there are also reasons to not do it this way.  Some people get hooked on a particular location and then find that the location's associated services, vendors or third party vendor policies make it impossible to use, which then just leaves you with a big disappointment if you had gotten hooked on that particular location and have to go elsewhere.

For example, when we first started looking, we were considering doing an event at Venetian.  Due to the location, we would have had to use their group dining folks and also abide by their third party vendor policies, which included using Cashman photography, which for our reception, several hours of coverage with two cameras and full digital rights, would have been $5000+ just for photography.  That caused us to immediately rule out Venetian.  Fortunately we found an alternate location that was far better, but it would have been a huge let down if we had really been 100% set on having our wedding and reception there.

I recommend fully researching each venue's policies and pricing before going to see it in person; that may let you rule a location out before seeing it and causing heartache if it would have been your dream location but pricing was prohibitive. 

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Our guest list is 0 just the 2 of us
  • I would second Littlevegaswedding.com for great elopement ideas. Also vegasgroom.com as a backup. Honestly, just read through the threads here, you'll learn so much! There are a million ways to do an elopement in Vegas! Just start with your budget and then go from there. Congrats and welcome! This board has been a lifesaver and the most helpful tool!
  • If you are not set on a certain venue, Las Vegas Wedding Wagon will marry you anywhere you want. We thought we wanted chapel wedding until we actually saw some. That was immediately ruled out. They are marrying us at our reception place which is an Irish pub. My hair and makeup girl's sister had them marry her in front of the fountains at the Bellagio. Just a thought. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards