Connecticut

Men's Wear???

I am at a total loss when it comes to dressing the guys.  All FI has decided so far is that they will be wearing suits rather than tuxedos.  Is it better to rent or purchase?  And does anyone have recommendations for where to rent/ purchase?  Mens Wearhouse has decent reviews here but I think we would like to entertain other options mostly because FI is a bit of a snob.  

We will have three GM - two are local (Branford area) and one is in N.J.  Any suggestions are welcome.  Thanks!  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Men's Wear???

• Well, if the guys will be in suits then your FI can buy one that he loves.   

When it comes to the men, your FI should ask the GM each individually for their budgets and then look for suits  that fit the budget.   With the scattered GM, I'd advise your FI to either go with Men's Warehouse for a specific suit or just tell them to go with a basic and then they're on their own
  • edited July 2015
    If your fi wants his gm to rent matching suits, not tuxes, you should start making calls now. MW doesn't rent  suits. If you can't find a place closer to  Branford, SIL and DD used this place:

http://www.samuelltd.com

It's a family business. The owner is very nice and easy to work with. The prices are reasonable. The GM called in their measurements a few weeks before the wedding and he had everything ready for pick up the day before the wedding.  He also rents out tuxes. 

ETA: My SIL had his own suit custom made. He's also picky about his clothes but couldn't justify asking his gm to buy suits. 

• Hi there! A little late on this but I don't check the boards frequently. My husband was able to secure a buy-1-get-3-free deal from Joseph A. Banks for their purchase, and the suit ended up costing the guys around $220, very similar to renting a tux for a day! This was the best "bang for our buck" we could find, and we went to many places including Macy's, Bloomingdales, Men's Warehouse and Jos. A. Bank. Many groomsmen have told us how much they loved the suit and still wear it to this day at client meetings, work functions, etc. so I think it was a great deal. Here's a photo of what the guys looked like: 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards