Knottie Tech Help

Please Help Recover Edit Access to Our Wedding Website

Jnels917Jnels917 member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited July 2015 in Knottie Tech Help
My fiancé and I created a wedding website at the following address:  **Link removed by admin**

We seem to have lost the ability to make further updates to it.  When we login to The Knot (using **Email address removed by Admin**), our account doesn't seem to know we've created a website yet.  We don't want to start over with a new site because the one we already created shows up in google search results for our names.

Could someone help us get edit access back to the original site we created (linked to above)?

I have sent 3 emails to help@theknot.com over the last week and received no response.  Please help!

Answers

• KnotHollyKnotHolly admin
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out! When you log into your account, are you taken to your Dashboard page, or are you directed to a different screen? 

Please try accessing this link (you'll have to type it into your address bar manually): uw.theknot.com 
    If it does not bring you to your Dashboard so you can edit your wedding website, let me know and I'll investigate further.

Thank you,
    KH
  • @Jnels917 For your privacy, I've removed your wedding website link and your email address from your original post. 
  • When I would log in from the wedding websites page it would just display the browse themes & quick setup buttons as if we never created a website.

I tried troubleshooting and setting up a new website but then realized the new website would conflict with our existing website when guests would google for our wedding. We don't want to confuse anyone between the two sites so we'd much rather just get access to our original site back. It's the one with our first and last names month and year in the URL.

Now that I started to create a new site, when I log into the dashboard it opens with the info to the new site which we do not want. I did use the URL you provided to log in. We just want editability to our original site restored. I hope that makes sense.

Please let me know if there's any other info you need to get this resolved. Thanks for your help!
  • Hi @Jnels917,

I've let our team know about this so they can make sure you're able to edit your original wedding website again as soon as possible. I will update you as soon as I hear back from them!
  • Jnels917Jnels917 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2015
    Tech support contacted me but only suggested using a modern browser and clearing cache and cookies which I have been doing.

I have tried with Chrome 43.0237.134 and Firefox 31 and get the same experience.

When I logged in I was taken to the dashboard. When I clicked Wedding Website I was taken to the website dashboard that displayed the info for the new site, www.theknot.com/us/[bridefirstname-and-groomfirstname-year], rather than our original site, www.theknot.com/us/[bridefirstname-lastname-and-groomfirstname-lastname-month-year].

We need edit access to our original site restored. We can view the original site fine when navigating to it with the URL, we just need edit access restored. The new site can be deleted as it isn't much use to us given the original site appears when google searching for our wedding.

We need to get this resolved before sending out our invites which needs to happen soon. Not having this edit access for the last few weeks has really set us back.

Thank you for your help.
  • Hi @Jnels917,

I'm so sorry to hear you're still having this issue. I've let tech know you're still experiencing this and they are now working on troubleshooting it further. I apologize again for the delay and I'll update you as soon as they find other possible solutions.

Thank you,
    KH
  • Hi Holly, it's been 3 days since we last heard from anyone and over two weeks since we first reported the issue. We are getting very short on time. If this can't be resolved this week we will have to go elsewhere for website services.

Please let me know if we can expect to have edit access to our original site back this week. Thank you.
  • Hi @Jnels917,

I apologize for the delay on this - I know it's frustrating. Tech is working on solving this issue and I've asked them for an update on when you can expect to have edit access restored. I'm waiting on their response and will let you know as soon as I hear back.

My apologies again and thank you,
    KH

• Hi Holly,

You're right this has been frustrating. Even more so because of the lack of response. It's been almost two weeks since your last update.

If an issue can't be resolved in a timely manner, it would be much better just to let a customer know that than to keep stringing them along. We couldn't wait any longer to send invites so we resorted to creating a new site, but the original site is still showing up as the first couple hits in Google search results. This could be very confusing to our guests so we are pleading with you to either delete the original site or restore our edit access so we can strip out the details and route guests to our new site.

This customer experience has been absolutely unacceptable. Encouraging couples to use this service and then completely leaving them hanging when there are issues is an awful way to do business especially when it could negatively impact an event as important as a wedding.

I expect a response and action to be taken to address this issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards