New Jersey
Options

Bridal Shower Invite Question

So I am pulling together the final list of people to be invited to my shower to pass it off to my sister and mother (who are hosting the shower).  I reviewed the list with my fiancé and his mother a month ago.  Now today they started added a few more people that are out of state who won't come to the shower but they want to include.  Now just asking because I want to hear everyone's views but is it ok to invite people out of state who you know won't be able to come to the shower.  I have mixed feelings about this because I am not inviting any of my florida family because they aren't coming.

Re: Bridal Shower Invite Question

• Options
    My mother sent invites to all of my cousins and aunts that are out of state even though they likely won't be able to come. I wanted to invite them and let them decide if they are able to come or not.
  • Options
    pce515pce515 member
    First Answer First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Its polite to invite them regardless if they can make it or not. We sent them out to out of state. I had a few people who couldnt come send me gifts to my house.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies...I was getting overwhelmed that people thought I was just inviting them for a gift...which is not want I want people to feel they have to do.  And if anyone does decide to come I know the place that my mother is having it at is large enough.  Now to pass off this list to my sister so she can order my invites.
  • Options
    I have people from out of state on my bridal shower list too.  I definitely thought it was better to include them even though I know they probably wouldn't be able to make it.
  • Options

I have many out of state relatives that have gotten married.  They always sent me a shower invite.  I never go, but it is nice to be included.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards