Snarky Brides

Is anyone just "over it" already?

2»

Re: Is anyone just "over it" already?

• I understand, OP. I was pretty much "over it" before I married H, and we had the tiniest of tiny court house weddings.

I think a large part of feeling that way was because once someone found out I was engaged, that was all they would talk about with me. It was like the rest of my personality just completely disappeared under my ring or something. It was sweet, but I got so sick of fending off tons of questions from friends, coworkers, random people who just met me, etc. I usually was able to give a dismissive answer, and then steer the conversation in a different direction. And then I'd get accused of not caring about my wedding. It's a double edged sword, apparently: no one wants you to talk about your wedding too much, but then you're obviously abnormal and uncaring if you'd rather talk about something else for ten minutes.

One of the best things about being married is that no one asks me about the upcoming wedding!!
    Yes, now you get to answer questions about when you're going to have kids.
  • MegEn1MegEn1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    It must be just the time of things for October brides. I'm one too and for the last few months it's been beating  me down. But the worst is seeing FI beat down. Like he tried so hard to keep his head low and just get through this. His desires in all this were 1) a historical venue 2) an outdoor wedding and 3) not to see me before the ceremony. At one point he was giving up all of those things to make it work (luckily we managed to make sure he has all those things again!) But we've had flower girls forced upon us, family squabbles, I don't even know half the guest list (and no they're not family) and FMIL keeps clapping her hands and running around to everyone she's ever met or not talking about what a great thing this is going to be oh how excited she is oh isn't it fun. But when FI says "No this fucking sucks" she disregards his opinion and calls him crabby. When I say it's not fun she just looks at me bewildered. Neither of us have any doubts that this is HER party we're just trying to survive to the honeymoon without the family hating us. Will I enjoy the day? I'm sure I will. Will I tell everyone I ever meet forever to elope? You bet your ass. 

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • I feel like I could have written this myself. I'm getting married in September and I literally just told my friend, "43 days until this money saving hell is done!" I love my fiance and can't wait to be married, but we're both so exhausted and I am so tired of all of the little details that still need to be taken care of clogging up my brain! 

I am glad that we're having a wedding, but at the same time, it is hard thinking of what else this money could have been used for. I mean, at the end of the day, whether we elope or have a big wedding, we will still be married! 

Anyway, I feel you girl! I kept looking for this post, thinking SOMEONE had to have written one like it somewhere! Now I found it. I hope you have a beautiful day regardless :-)
  • October bride here, too. I've tried to cancel my wedding at least once a week for the past couple months and he still wont let me. I have the added excitement of us just buying a house and 10 days later him finding out he's moving 4 hours away! It makes the wedding planning a lot more fun... let me tell you. Loving spending so much money on one day, but thinking about all of the moving expenses and relocating expenses we're about to incur. 
  • I just want to be married already! Also getting married in october! I'm sick of not having money, and planning, and people always asking how the planning is going. I wish it was here.. Tomorrow.. Not over! But you're not alone!
  • I feel like I could have written this myself. I'm getting married in September and I literally just told my friend, "43 days until this money saving hell is done!" I love my fiance and can't wait to be married, but we're both so exhausted and I am so tired of all of the little details that still need to be taken care of clogging up my brain! 

I am glad that we're having a wedding, but at the same time, it is hard thinking of what else this money could have been used for. I mean, at the end of the day, whether we elope or have a big wedding, we will still be married! 

Anyway, I feel you girl! I kept looking for this post, thinking SOMEONE had to have written one like it somewhere! Now I found it. I hope you have a beautiful day regardless :-)

I looked for this post too before I wrote it HAHA :) We can all get through this together. You will have a beautiful wedding day too and thank you :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have 3 days left, and let me tell you I wish these days would hurry up. Although .... felt the same when it was 2 months away.
  • Is this over yet? I almost started crying this weekend because my mom and FMIL insisted we get a cookie tray because apparently not everyone will like the 10 varieties of pie we're serving. My mom, being the saint she is and noticing how stressed and tired I was, said she would take care of it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards