Not Engaged Yet

StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

Looks like there are quite a few of us that subscribe to StitchFix so let's talk about it here! 

For those that don't know, StitchFix is an "online personal stylist". You pay a $20 styling fee per Fix and they send you 5 items (items could include: clothing, jewelry, handbags, and now shoes). They have regular sizes as well as petite and maternity. When you fill out your detailed style profile, you answer questions that give them a better sense of what you're looking for and what you want to avoid. You can change the frequency from every 2-3 weeks, once a month, every other month, every 3 months. You can skip a Fix at any time. When your items arrive, try them on and decide which you would like to keep. Your $20 styling fee comes off of whatever you choose to keep (if you keep nothing, however, you do lose the styling fee). If you choose to keep all 5 items, you also get 25% off. You ship back what you're not keeping. 

Post your StitchFix item details and pics here! 

@CocoBellaF - Would it be possible to pin this to the top of NEY so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle?

Re: StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

• I got my 11th Fix yesterday. I thought it was the 10th so that's saying something. 

I was soooooooooo disappointed! I peeked earlier in the week and I feel like my stylist just did NOT listen to my notes at all. So frustrating. I sent all 5 items back and lost my styling fee (which normally I wouldn't do but it was from a credit I had so I don't feel so badly). 

Here's what I got (notice the annoyed face in ALL of my pics?):

Tshirt dress just not good for my body type at all:image 
    I don't even know... this shirt is just SO LOUD. 

I didn't hate this one but it was way too tight on my boobies:

This necklace is pretty but I didn't NEED it or love it. In hindsight, I should have kept it. I think it was $28 so I really would have only paid $8 out of my own pocket since the $20 was my styling fee which was a credit: 

And this cardigan which I liked and was probably my favorite of the 5 things but the front was a little off and didn't lay right if you moved at all: 

I'm a freak so I scheduled my next Fix for August 17th. I really want some great new things to take to South Africa with me, damn it!

• OMG THEY HAVE SHOES NOW??

Ugh sorry you hated your Fix. That's annoying that it seems like they did not ready your notes! I am counting down the days until I order another one. I don't have any type of scheduling for mine, I just schedule one when I feel like it.

I got boyfriend jeans in my last one and I'm wearing them for the second time today and I can't tell if they're a little big or not. Too late to send em back now though. 

• @lavenderfields13 - YES! Go on your style profile and scroll down a little bit and it asks your shoe size and if there are types of shoes you would like to avoid. I'm in a couple buy/sell/trade groups on FB and I haven't seen anyone receive shoes just yet so I'm not sure if they've officially started sending them out. 

I started out last year with every other month and after receiving my first one, I upped it to once a month. I scheduled it for the 17th just now when I checked out so that hopefully I'll get some good stuff for my trip!

• Awww, sorry @swazzle this box was a bust.  I actually like the loud sweater though.  :)  

@cu97tiger - Those are all so cute!  I think the maxi dress looks really good on you.  Love the shirt you kept though (and your boots in the first picture).
  • @minskat30 - The print is definitely too much for me but it also didn't fit. 

I think I'm the most annoyed that it's my 11th Fix and it was just SO off the mark. This is the first time I've sent everything back and I was really looking forward to it this month :(

• My first box comes on the 14th, stay tuned for an update.  Hopefully they listen to my dislikes. 

@swazzle I guess those patterns would fit your African safari request or did you just say you wanted fall items?

@cu97tiger I love the top you stuck with, and I think that maxi dress looks awesome on you.

• @speakeasy14 - Well, in the main note in my style profile I've specifically stated that I prefer neutrals but I'm ok with a pop of color here and there. In my note for this Fix, I said I'm going to South Africa, it's going to be cold when I'm there, and I'd like to start transitioning into Fall a bit early so I have some new things for my trip. I don't think they listened to any of that. 

For the one I have coming on the 17th, I wrote the following: 

I'm going to South Africa on the 26th so I'd like some cooler-weather pieces. I love cardigans with sleeveless/short-sleeved shirts so that if it warms up, I can take off the cardigan. I would really like to try a pair of Margaret M Emers (not plain black) . I'm not opposed to prints but something more subtle is better for me. No loud prints or super high necklines, please!

• @swazzle - I like the second shirt (the more navy one of the two) but yeah, if it's too tight, it's too tight. The necklace is pretty, I am surprised you didn't keep it (next time, you could use it as a gift for someone?)

@eilis1228 - I love that dress on you. I definitely don't fill it out on top. I still have 'boob job' on my list of things to do when we have extra thousands of dollars laying around.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger - I should have kept the necklace. $$-wise that definitely would have made sense. I think I was so annoyed that I just checked 'not keeping' and submitted and then shoved it all in the bag and taped it shut lol 

• @cu97tiger I'm not loving that tunic either but love everything else! Definitely couldn't justify spending $80 on a maxi dress though.

I almost got a boob job a few years ago- I went for the consult and everything. Once H (BF at the time) found out how much it was though he was not happy about me doing it since I was nagging him all the time about saving money for a house and here I was going to drop $8K on boobs. I'm glad now that I didn't do it because of the money. 

@speakeasy14 I hope your first Fix is a good one!

• @labro - I love, love, love those outfits on you.  Does that dress have pockets?  I adore pocket dresses.  Seriously, that dress is adorable and the tank top is so cute (the detail is really nice)!  And, yes, your boobs look amazing in the first picture.  :)  
  • @minskat30 Pockets would make that dress 100% perfect! Unfortunately, it doesn't. :( And it seems like it should! I was looking for pockets in it all day!

• @swazzle - Wow, you really do have an IDGAF face in all those pictures, haha!

@labro - The tank top and dress are so great! I want a tank with a cute little patterned pocket now.....

------------------------

I started filling out the start up questions for SF before I moved, then decided to wait until I was settled in to start up the service. I'll probably try and do that soon, because I am so terrible about shopping for myself.

I notice they asked me what sort of price range I would prefer. @everyone - What did you choose, and about how much are the clothes you receive, typically?

• @AlPacina I chose "the cheaper, the better" for everything because I typically don't spend a lot on clothes because I don't have the money to. In my first Fix I don't think they paid attention to that..I got a couple tanks that were in the $50 range and jeans (that fit amazing but were too much $$) that were $98. Way over my budget. I kept one top that was $38. 
    This time I had a different stylist and she paid attention and picked less expensive items. It seems like the average price of the jewelry is $28, this time I got $28 earrings, $78 jeans, $44 blouse, and 2 $38 tops. I usually wouldn't buy jeans for that much or 1 blouse for that much but since I kept all 5 I got the 25% discount. In my head I justified $78 jeans by saying each item averaged out to about $35 because of the discount. 

I kind of hate shopping because I have such guilt about spending money on clothes so I'll be at the mall FOREVER because I debate whether I should buy things or not. I figure with Stitch Fix I have time to decide at home whether I want to keep things and they're probably better quality pieces than I usually buy and they give you style cards so I can get ideas on how to get the most out of each piece since I am definitely not a fashionista. 

• Denise40Denise40 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    Where can you get a peek of what's coming? I got my 2nd fix Friday! I also got the shorts I'm wearing. I don't like the horizontal striped shirt. Giving it to daughter. I never wore a maxi dress before. Sorry for such big pics. Don't know how to make them smaller. imageimageimageimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @cu97tiger That pic of me is pre-weight loss. I no longer have boobage for that dress either. I feel your pain!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @lavenderfields13 I am SO the same as you. I rarely buy clothes and when I do I'm so cheap about it- like I will agonize at Target about whether I should spend the $26 on a blouse. It's funny though, my H is constantly saying "Just buy it! You never shop, you never treat yourself- if you like it just buy it!" So I bring him as my pep talk about once every 6 months for a shopping spree lol. I will probably give SF a shot though because I really like a lot of items posted here.

• @AlPacina - I do the cheaper, the better option as well. The one time that I kept all 5 items, I paid around $150. 

• I was wrong, my SF comes today. I can't find a way to figure out what is in the box though and now I can't wait to leave work.  Stay tuned for an update.
  • I was wrong, my SF comes today. I can't find a way to figure out what is in the box though and now I can't wait to leave work.  Stay tuned for an update.

• They never delivered it!!! 
  • @speakeasy14 - Whatttttttttttttttttttttttttt?! Unacceptable!

• image Me sitting on my front porch waiting for UPS -- I even went into work late hoping they would drop it off this morning. Better be there today. 
  • @speakeasy14 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Mine was scheduled to arrive on the 17th but they supposedly didn't get my previous Fix back until yesterday so now it's not scheduled to arrive until the 21st. 

• I'm getting my first one on Monday! It looks like I should really like about 3 of the items if they fit right. But I did specifically say I am not in the market for new dresses right now, and asked for a skirt instead, but they are sending me a dress and no skirt. So that's lovely. I guess I'm not allowed to be that specific?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards