New Jersey

Wedding Dress - store recommendations

Can anyone please give me feedback/suggestions on a bridal boutique/store for my wedding dress? So far, I'm thinking of visiting Nicole's Boutique (Brick), Hearts For You (Manalapan) and Hollywood Bridal (Kenilworth). Thoughts on those three so far? 

I don't see myself wasting time at Castle Couture or Sassy Chic given the flood of negative feedback I've gotten from fellow brides. I'm also not interested in getting alterations done where I purchase my dress since I have my own seamstress I've used for years (and my sister used for her wedding dress), so no worries if the place doesn't offer in-house alterations. Thanks ladies!

Re: Wedding Dress - store recommendations

• Hearts for You was so nice to us when we went that day.  I would have loved to get my gown from them but didn't fall in love with anything there that day...but they were amazing to work with.

I got my dress from Macy's in Menlo.  They were very helpful also but only carry one brand.  There was a few great places in Morristown but if you live down the shore that may be a bit of a hike for you.  Good luck!!!!

• All my bridesmaids and my mom got their gowns at Hollywood Bridal in Kenilworth and I can not say enough good things about them. They are also doing the alterations for my wedding gown.

They are professional, knowledgable and just plain nice to deal with. They let you take your time, try on as much as you want and have a very large selection to choose from.

I would recommend them to anyone!
  • Rivcarol2Rivcarol2 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    Mine is from Sister's Bridal Boutique in Garfield, she is really good and patient. Her prices are amazing! 
  • Thank you so much!!!

• pce515pce515 member
    First Answer First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Memories Bridal by Reem in Ridgefield have been AMAZING! They did not carry my dress but ordered for me, and also, their prices included all alterations, which were HUGE savings. My first fitting was last week, and I am more in love wth my dress than I ever thought I could be.
  • I know you said you don't want to waste your time at castle couture, but I got my dress there and it has been wonderful so far!  It comes in next month, and my veil came in last week and I already picked it up the pick up process was seamless.  I worked with Laura when picking my dress and she was very helpful, she asked my budget and had my show her dresses I liked and then went and picked a few dresses for me.  The second dress she picked was the one I got, I just loved it! 
  • I used "I Do I Do" in Morristown- great staff and individualized attention... only 2 or 3 appointments at once and very low pressure... I started looking early and they always reiterated how much time I still had to look and to take my time and not rush... never did they ask me if a dress was what I wanted to order- they waited for me to tell them I want this one... they even take photos of you in all the dresses you try on and will email them after the appointment so you can review
  • sbrezinskisbrezinski member
    First Comment
    edited June 2015
    Cinderella bridals in matawan. I decided to have a wedding last minute, went in at the end of March (spent well over 2 hours trying on tons of gowns) and they rushed it (free of charge) so that I would have it in time for my August wedding. I called today and it will be in next week. They have bent over backwards for me since the first email I sent them. They are so sweet and nothing is a big deal or phases them. Erin was the one who helped me and she is literally a doll. Please don't cheat yourself of going there! They are the best.
  • dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I bought my dress at RK Bridal on 39th street in NYC.  They have a bargain rack but it's a real no frills place.  You are better off going on a weekday.  I understand it's a zoo on the weekend. 
  • I second RK Bridal. I've purchased 3 bridesmaids dresses there for weddings I've been in and all 3 of the brides purchased their wedding gowns there. A few months ago they from from 39th Street to around 54th Street and 11th Avenue. The new showroom is gorgeous. I purchased my wedding gown 2 months ago and it should be here by August. Happy shopping!
  • Thanks ladies!! I work in Midtown NYC so maybe I'll browse one of these days, but was really trying to avoid the sales tax.
  • dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Jersey Beach Gal -- my gorgeous silk brocade gown was $300 (rather than ($2800 in NJ).  For one of the few times in my life I was perfectly happy to pay NY sales tax. 
  • I got mine in the Macy's Bridal salon.  I loved my dress, and alterations were great. 

Anniversary

• Jefre Bridals in Green Brook is great... I went to castle couture and they basically told me they didn't have what I wanted (fitted, laced, and low back) so I called around (I recommend doing this before wasting you time going to places!) Jefre's said they had tons of what I was looking for and they could make any alterations I wanted to get my dress to be exactly what I wanted. They really had so many beautiful gowns, so it was hard to decide.. most of which I tried on were under 2k too.  Their seamstress is also well known for her amazing work!
  • So I know you said you weren't sure about Castle Couture, but I bought my gown there last month and I really think you should reconsider.

I too was super skeptical after reading their reviews, but you just have to go and have your own experience.  I took an early AM appointment during the week, went with my mom, and they had the dress nailed down in less than 45 minutes.

Plus they offer a big discount for first time brides.  My budget was $2K or less and they found me the gown of the century in my budget. The gown, veil, and headpiece came out to a number that my mom and I are still in shock about. 

When you go ANYWHERE, make sure you are clear about your budget for the dress... remember everything else is in addition to (veil/headpiece/shoes/alterations). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards