Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

To go cake boxes?

Has anyone or is anyone using these so the guests can take cake home? Which do you go with square or rectangle? TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: To go cake boxes?

• DarthV8rDarthV8r member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    If you're having a tiered cake I'd go with the triangle. Cupcakes, square boxes. Sheet cake rectangle or square. I am thinking about getting some for my wedding as well and would like to hear input from others.
  • Thanks for the info
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am serving our cake in square containers (the kinds that you get take out in) that way they can eat it now, or take it home!
  • I'd just get the clam shell squares from Sam's...  Assuming most of your guests will eat cake there, it's a bonus to have the cake boxes. 
  • I'm not getting a bunch of them, just wanted to make sure that I have some.  Thanks for all the ideas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is an excellent idea!  We are doing individual cakes on the tables and a few people are getting their own personal cakes. I need ot make sure that the special cakes have to go boxes!!  Thank you!!
  • doclago said:
    This is an excellent idea!  We are doing individual cakes on the tables and a few people are getting their own personal cakes. I need ot make sure that the special cakes have to go boxes!!  Thank you!!
    Why are certain people getting personal cakes?
  • I'll be using a generic box I found at a restaurant store for guests to take home cake/cookies. Picture what you would get as a to-go box at any restaurant. I definitely don't need the extra cake in my house after the wedding, so I'm hoping guests will want some for later or the following day. The caterer will put the boxes on the cookie table (where all of the extra cake will be sliced and put out as well) towards the end of the reception (maybe with an hour to go). They aren't the favor by any means, but I am still putting a label on top with me and FH's name and date of the wedding. At the very least, then they guests will remember how long they've been holding the box so they know when it's time to throw it away. The labels are only $5 total for like 200, so not really an added cost, just a nice touch.
  • We did to go boxes, got some really cute ones from the David Tutera line at a local craft store. I then ordered stickers from Oriental Trading that were heart shaped & said "Thank you for sharing our special day with us" that they used to seal the boxes. We boxes we used where retangular if I am remembering correctly. We did have a tiered cake, but the different layers were square instead of round which is why we opted for the shape box we did. Our venue did ask that I bring them put together. I sat in front of the TV one night and put 200 boxes together in like 20 minutes or less.

We had a big dessert table so the cake was extra. They did leave some out for guests to eat right there but the majority of it got packed up for guests to take home.

• After the initial cake cutting at my wedding, my caterer sliced the cake up and put it directly in to-go boxes. We used those little square "hamburger" boxes. It worked great!  
  • doclagodoclago member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2015
    @kaos16
    Our wedding is going to be small and there will cakes on each table as part of the centerpiece and there will be a few different types.  
    For example: my Dad is not a cake eater but he loves Cannoli...so I am getting him a small cannoli cake..There are a few other immediate family guests we are doing that for as well..just a small token to recognize them.  
    But I also want people to take left over cake home if they want. So if they tried say lemon raspberry but they want to take home a slice of chocolate orange they can! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards