Wedding Reception Forum

brother sister dance songs if father is deceased

hi all, my father passed away 10 years ago & I'm having a hard time trying to find a good song to dance with my older brother. my father was a huge fan of the bee gees & chicago but my brother is more of the 80's era. He recommended Madonna- I'll Remember, but I think the beat is a little fast.. Does any one recommend any good songs? anything will help thanks.

Re: brother sister dance songs if father is deceased

• You can have a dance with your older brother, but I wouldn't have it replace a father-daughter dance or have it as a spotlight dance.

That said, you could play a Bee Gees or Chicago song in memory of your father or remember him in another nice way.

• I'd just pick any song that you and your brother like and want to dance to! Instead of a father/daughter (my father is also deceased) and mother/son dance, we had all of the immediate families all dance at the same time. We danced to Tom Petty's Wildflowers. A second choice was Queen's "You're my Best Friend". 
  • Our mother has passed so my brother and I did a dance at his wedding. Honestly, I don't even remember the song. I remember being over at his apartment with his fiancé either the night before or a few nights before the wedding trying to decide which song to pick. I think his fiancé ended up choosing out of a few options they had come up with.

I DO remember that one of the options was "You've got a friend in me" from Toy Story. Looking back, I really wish we would've chosen that one. It sums us up better than the other song.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards