Nevada-Las Vegas

Mini panic

So I'm less then a year away now (just about) and I've just put my dress which I absolutely love on order. We've got Aria booked and I'm awaiting flights etc before I can move much further.
We are hopefully going to have Todd from Bently and Wilson do our photography for 3 hours on the day. I'm majorly stressing though and second guessing everything. I really thought I wouldn't be like this. We have the invites ready to send & our wedding website mostly designed and ready to 'go live' with the invites.
Is this normal? I literally feel so overwhelmed with everything.
My dress is the best thing ever and I love it, it's just so scary the amount of money and then it's on order so I won't see one in my size until it comes in.
I hope I'm not being a complete Hypercondriac has anyone else felt like this and does it go away?

Re: Mini panic

• A year is loads of time and plenty of people plan an entire Vegas wedding in 6 months or less, so just try to relax :D Sounds like you've got it all under control and so much done already! 

I found making a timeline of when everything had to be done (payments due, time to book certain things, etc) really helped get my head around everything. You know what months you can chill and what months you need to get your planning head on. And the closer I've got to the big day the less I've worried about the money! At the start of planning that was pretty daunting though :)

• I've got some timelines already organised for the day of and the honeymoon. I've also got a spreadsheet for costs which is calming me down. I keep forgetting we have paid for some deposits so when I add up our savings + predicted savings I'm like omg there isn't enough (but haven't taken into consideration money spent DOH!).
    That's reassured me though that everyone else worries as well. I want everything to be nice for everyone so that's stressing me out. Luckily my Mum was like we're coming to watch you get married as long as that bits booked in your half way there!
  • It is easy to feel overwhelmed, especially when we are in the UK and can't go for scouting sessions etc. It sounds like you have it all under control though, as sasalew mentioned, timelines are the best thing to do, my spreadsheet keeps me calm and it's nice to see the 'things done' list get bigger and bigger each month! Don't panic about your dress coming in, your bridal store will be fantastic and help you in any way they can.

What are you ladies doing about paying your final payments, our photographer and my hair and make up artist want the remainder of the money on the day but I didn't want to carry that much cash around with me - so we were going to pay before we went?
  • @mrsptobeinvegas My photographer is happy to be paid before the wedding, so we'll have that ticked off in advance. We have to pay the remaining balance for our meal on the day but can put that on a credit card which is nice & easy. Main thing we'll need cash for on the day is to tip vendors, I like the idea of sorted the cash into envelopes in advance then we'll split them between my dad and the bestman to take care of. Less worry for us! 
  • Thanks for the encouragement. I think I'm getting to grips with it all now I'm starting to tick more things off my list. I'm hoping I'm going to be able to pay final balances before the date we do online banking so worst case scenario I can move some money about between accounts but I don't want to carry loads of cash either so I'm hoping my vendors will be open to online payments. Todd has asked for our deposit via a PayPal invoice so I'm hoping the night before he can send another one which il just pay online and shift the money around in my sccounts to pay the credit card off.
    We are getting a credit card that we are just going to use for hotel holds etc and paying off our final meal balance.
    I have no idea what I would do without my online banking! Luckily our bank does a card which you can use abroad for free as well.
  • If you're worried about fee's etc for doing bank transfers, we've been using Transfer Wise to pay all our vendors. They don't need to be set up with PayPal and it's given us better exchange rates than our bank. Worth checking out!
  • Bently & Wilson (and several other vendors so far in my experience) are happy to send another invoice for final/additional payment well in advance of the day of services. I also like to stay on top of the finances and avoid a huge windfall the week of, and I haven't had anyone say the won't take our money yet :)

• I didn't realise PayPal will charge me to use it for an international payment? I was just going to use the card option rather then paying money into our PayPal account as the card has no fees to process international payments? I'm so confused now
  • I didn't realise PayPal will charge me to use it for an international payment? I was just going to use the card option rather then paying money into our PayPal account as the card has no fees to process international payments? I'm so confused now
    PayPal won't charge you to send money, only to receive it. The only charge you might see is conversion if you're paying in a different currency other than USD.
  • Ok cool. Thanks for the help :)
  • Bently & Wilson (and several other vendors so far in my experience) are happy to send another invoice for final/additional payment well in advance of the day of services. I also like to stay on top of the finances and avoid a huge windfall the week of, and I haven't had anyone say the won't take our money yet :)

Thanks for the encouragement. I think I'm getting to grips with it all now I'm starting to tick more things off my list. I'm hoping I'm going to be able to pay final balances before the date we do online banking so worst case scenario I can move some money about between accounts but I don't want to carry loads of cash either so I'm hoping my vendors will be open to online payments. Todd has asked for our deposit via a PayPal invoice so I'm hoping the night before he can send another one which il just pay online and shift the money around in my sccounts to pay the credit card off.
    We are getting a credit card that we are just going to use for hotel holds etc and paying off our final meal balance.
    I have no idea what I would do without my online banking! Luckily our bank does a card which you can use abroad for free as well.

sasalew said:

@mrsptobeinvegas My photographer is happy to be paid before the wedding, so we'll have that ticked off in advance. We have to pay the remaining balance for our meal on the day but can put that on a credit card which is nice & easy. Main thing we'll need cash for on the day is to tip vendors, I like the idea of sorted the cash into envelopes in advance then we'll split them between my dad and the bestman to take care of. Less worry for us! 

Thanks all. Going to email our photographer soon and ask to pay before we leave the UK and then give the tips to my MIL!
  • I have just paid the Paypal invoice and they didn't seem to charge me any extra for the conversion. I chose to pay the payment via card though and not through our Paypal account (so I didn't log in). There was an option to pay using Paypal's conversion rate which isn't as good as MasterCard rates but this takes away any charges you might get if you use a credit card that isn't free to make purchases in a foreign currency. Hope this clears up any confusion for people. Was really easy to do.
  • If you're getting married at the Aria chapel, all of that is paid online 1 month before your wedding date (through their online portal). On the day of the wedding, if you'd like to tip, there is an option to add it to your final bill and they will charge the card on file so you wouldn't have to worry about cash for that!
  • Ah that's good to know as well :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards