Connecticut

Rehearsal Dinner Locations around Simsbury, CT

Hello ladies.. my first post!

We are looking for a place to have the rehearsal dinner in the Simsbury area. I want something really low-key (more like a pizza night type deal). Trying to keep the cost to a minimum. Needs to be for 40-ish people. I would also like it to be within a 20 minute drive. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Locations around Simsbury, CT

• Blackbird230Blackbird230 Connecticut member
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Name Dropper
    Following! Where are you getting married in Simsbury? I'm at the 1820 House.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The Riverview! :)
  • Millwrights is spectacular but expensive.  There is the Millat 2T in Tarrifville.  These both are pricey but amazing.  Abigails is a also an option. PLan B?
  • Blackbird230Blackbird230 Connecticut member
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Name Dropper
    @Laurenetracy you could also actually try the 1820 House. I've also looked into Abigails. There's a lot of unexpected places in Simsbury. FI and I found a great sushi/chinese/japanese place that's down the street when we visited.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ...McLaddens has a back area of the restaurant I am sure you could rent out.  Or, this is a bit offbeat, but you could BBQ at the Stratton Brook park.  There is a covered pavilion there and restrooms too.  It is by a small pond with a beach area
    Blackbird230
  • The back room in McLadden's might be a bit tight for 40 people if they aren't interested in walking around down in the front bar area, which would probably still be running as a restaurant at the time you'd be having a rehearsal dinner. But you can definitely rent it out cheap. I've been to a bunch of birthday parties there and the food was decent enough.

You could do Carbone's Kitchen in Bloomfield. When I worked in Bloomfield, we had a huge goodbye party there in the bar area, and I know they also have private dining. If you wanted to keep it casual, you could do a bunch of their pizzas, salads, and some pasta?

I don't know what your budget it and what you consider keeping costs down, but my fiancé and I were considering renting a room at Real Art Ways in Hartford. They were willing to let us bring in pizza from Harry's (who could not accommodate a party that large, we asked). The room rental was $500-$600 if I remember correctly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards