Favors

Favor Problem- Solved

OfftheMap27OfftheMap27 member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited August 2015 in Favors
I had some misprinted mugs, and make a post asking for opinions. In hindsight I realized I put too much personal information, so I deleted the original post.

Sorry for any problems (especially for moderators), I didn't realize it was an issue to do so. 

Luckily I worked out a solution with the mug company, and they are reprinting for free. Thanks to everyone who chimed in before I took it down.

Have a great day. 

Re: Favor Problem- Solved

• I always err on the side of correct info for all the guests.
  • Admin feel free to delete this post.
    Yeah.....no.  It doesn't work like that.
  • I removed the post because another knottie who was very kind, personally messaged me and suggested to take items down because it had too much personal information. Sorry I don't know how this all works perfectly, but I did my best. 

Perhaps rather than being rude and snarky, you could offer helpful feedback. If there's something better I could have done, you could direct me to helpful information, but I suppose it doesn't work like that either.
  • I removed the post because another knottie who was very kind, personally messaged me and suggested to take items down because it had too much personal information. Sorry I don't know how this all works perfectly, but I did my best. 

Perhaps rather than being rude and snarky, you could offer helpful feedback. If there's something better I could have done, you could direct me to helpful information, but I suppose it doesn't work like that either.
    How was he advice here rude and not helpful? You asked us what we'd do with mugs with wrong info. Your question was answered. What else do you want?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I'm so confused.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:
    I'm so confused.
    OP had mugs made as favors. Posted pictures of mugs with name, date and location. Location state was incorrect and OP wanted to know if a cutesy poem was okay or if she should have the mugs redone. 

Then OP got pissy for no apparent reason. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Yeah, there are almost no posts on this, so I don't get what she has to be pissy over.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:
    Yeah, there are almost no posts on this, so I don't get what she has to be pissy over.
    I am thinking she is pissy because of what Joan said.  I am thinking her comments about being rude and what not are directed at Joan because Joan told her that saying "admin please delete this post" is not how it works when it comes to deleting stuff on the forum.

OP, it makes sense to have removed the pictures.  Threads, however, cannot just be deleted because you asked the admins to do so.  What would have been better would have been to remove the pictures and then just describe what the issue was.  You would be able to still get advice without revealing personal information.

• Yeah, that's the only explanation that makes sense, Maggie. What a weird thing to get pissy over.
  • AddieCake said:
    Yeah, there are almost no posts on this, so I don't get what she has to be pissy over.
    I am thinking she is pissy because of what Joan said.  I am thinking her comments about being rude and what not are directed at Joan because Joan told her that saying "admin please delete this post" is not how it works when it comes to deleting stuff on the forum.

OP, it makes sense to have removed the pictures.  Threads, however, cannot just be deleted because you asked the admins to do so.  What would have been better would have been to remove the pictures and then just describe what the issue was.  You would be able to still get advice without revealing personal information.
    Yes, I got a bit upset by what Joan said. It read as a bit rude, maybe that wasn't the intent. I'm getting married in less than two months, and I have my period. Such is life, and sometimes I sweat the small stuff. For that I apologize for stirring the pot in some way. 

My only point was not everyone has been on here understands the boards 100%, and I personally, did not realize threads couldn't be deleted. I wasn't trying to cause any waves. As I mentioned a fellow knottie emailed me and suggested I remove the photos, and I thought it was easier to just remove the whole thing, which apparently is a no-no. Lesson learned.

With that being said, I hope everyone has a good day.

• Heffalump said:
    AddieCake said:

Yes, I got a bit upset by what Joan said. It read as a bit rude, maybe that wasn't the intent. I'm getting married in less than two months, and I have my period. Such is life, and sometimes I sweat the small stuff. For that I apologize for stirring the pot in some way. 

https://31.media.tumblr.com/c63da192168dbdfcc9f1b0eb87b2bc4c/tumblr_inline_nhuugq89zQ1rgmokl.png
    Yes, all of the yes.
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015
    Ha!  I never even knew there was a mug problem - all that was in the OP was what I quoted.  That said, if I knew it was about personalized mugs for favors printed wrong, I would've said don't have the mistake fixed - instead, choose an edible favor or skip favors entirely!  Sorry, OP, I have no use for a personalized mug, especially one with someone else's wedding details.
  • In general, poems do not fix things or make them less severe. Like ever. If anything, I usually just squint and try to figure out what faux pas or mistake is being communicated. And then I'm like "oh ok, it's (insert rude thing)" or "oh ok, they (insert thing that was messed up)". 

No, I would not spend even more money on mugs. Because the only people who are going to keep them will be y'all and maybe your parents. So if you decide to get them redone, only get enough for those people. No one else will care.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards