Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thank you all! I think you saved my wedding

Hi everyone, first post. I just wanted to let you know this board just saved my wedding. It looked like we had to have a legal marriage for immigration before our planned wedding, but I insisted we talk with a lawyer beforehand to be positively SURE there wasn't enough time even if we got married next May. I always felt weird and a bit uncomfortable with doing the legal part and then a wedding. It felt a bit disingenuous and I knew I wouldn't feel the same. Then you guys gave it a name: PPD. And as much as I didn't want to admit this was what we were about to do, I realized you were absolutely right! So I fought hard to find a way we can do our wedding, and our marriage, the right way the first time. I've now gone from feeling a bit sad about our wedding plans to being super excited. Thank you for being the etiquette hawks I needed. So happy to be a first time bride in May with my friends and family!

Re: Thank you all! I think you saved my wedding

• Hey knottienumbers, you're cool.  Change your username so we can recognize you.  

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Congratulations :) Enjoy your wedding!
  • Congratulations! It's refreshing to see posts like this and know that some lurkers/newbies are taking advice to heart and not getting caught up in the delivery. Stick around!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards