Nevada-Las Vegas

Hi - I'm new!

Hi! My fiancé and I decided that we are going to elope in Las Vegas when we go there at the the of the year. Does anyone have any recommendations for a very budget friendly (like, under $1000) ceremony for just the two of us that is not in a chapel?

On a side note, how can I change my username?

Re: Hi - I'm new!

• The mobile minister or several others will marry you wherever you want! :) Also I'm not sure if you can change your username. Happy planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using Wedding Wagon. 129 for ceremony and pics. They come anywhere. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here's several officiants who will come to you; we used Rev Roland ourselves:

The benefit to this is you spend perhaps $100 to $150 and then you can use the rest of your budget to have your ceremony wherever you feel like it; bellagio fountains, Linq ferris wheel, Eiffel Tower at Paris, rooftop at Palms or Rio, Red Rock, hotel suite, etc.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• You can also check out Littlevegaswedding.com - there are a few mobile officiant suggestions on there. :)
  • Congrats on the decision to elope!! I don't have recommendations on services, but this is the site that I used to change my name.

Good luck!
  • edited August 2015
    Congrats! :) I'm eloping too! Your topic was one of the few I could find in a search - how is your planning going so far? We're also doing the end of the year - Dec. 13th.

We're having a "wedding for 2" at a historic bed & breakfast. It's all inclusive so we really just show up with our license, attire and rings and they take care of the rest. It's probably more expensive than if we just planned everything ourselves but everything's been kind of whirlwind with us and I'm just, like, exhausted at the very IDEA of planning LOL. The fall is going to be SO busy with me at work and this just made so much sense for us. :)
  • Congrats! :) I'm eloping too! Your topic was one of the few I could find in a search - how is your planning going so far? We're also doing the end of the year - Dec. 13th.

We're having a "wedding for 2" at a historic bed & breakfast. It's all inclusive so we really just show up with our license, attire and rings and they take care of the rest. It's probably more expensive than if we just planned everything ourselves but everything's been kind of whirlwind with us and I'm just, like, exhausted at the very IDEA of planning LOL. The fall is going to be SO busy with me at work and this just made so much sense for us. :)

We already had a Vegas vacation planned, and so he asked me if I just wanted to do it while we are there. We've been together 3 years and it will be a second marriage for both of us. Our plan so far:
    Arrive 12/26 at 8:45, we'll take a cab right to marriage license office (they're open till midnight)
    12/27 - we booked Bently & Wilson for 4 hours starting at 2:30. We are going to get married at 3:00 at the office of civil marriages ($75) and then take photos along the strip with Todd.
    12/28-1/1 "honeymoon" :)

I'm looking for an inexpensive short white dress, he'll wear a suit. I'll also probably get my hair and makeup done.
  • Another 'elopee' here ... Oct 21st in the Office of Civil Marriages, doesn't get much cheaper than that. Apart from the two of us, there'll be my cousin who we've asked to be our witness, and his wife. The rest the family, who are in the UK, don't know.

However, my Lovely Man is dithering about not telling our grown up children first. My preference is to text them from LV after the event, he's worried that one or all would be upset about being left out. I'm more concerned that they'll get all excited about it & next thing I know, we'll be out shopping for a white meringue dress & veil *shudders*. The whole point about eloping is that we avoid all the fuss & frills (been there, did that forty years ago).
  • We decided not to tell anyone. Not parents, family or close friends. No one knows except us. We'll text/call once it's all said and done.
    We don't have anyone to be our witness, I'm hoping that Todd might help us out with that.
  • Personally speaking if my mum got married and didn't tell me I would probably be a bit peeved.
    It's such a difficult one as I understand it's your day but if they are adults with their own families I'm sure they will be thrilled for you and happy for you to do it your way in Vegas but they might want to organise some bits for you whilst your there. Something to think about. Obviously I don't know the ages of your children or their temperement so it could be completely fine your way just be careful.
    My sisters sister in law did the exact same thing and it's caused huge ructions across that side of the family. They weren't bothered they weren't invited it was the secrecy that caused the issue. It's pretty difficult to fix now as well between them all :(
  • Personally speaking if my mum got married and didn't tell me I would probably be a bit peeved.

I can see your point when there are children (young or old) involved. Obviously that becomes a situation where you are blending 2 families.
  • Personally, I'm on the other side of it, I wouldn't be peeved at all. My parents have been together forever and have never been married; if they suddenly tied the knot, it would probably be a quickie service in Vegas or possibly in Mexico, and I'd be thrilled for them. But at the same time, I've been raised in a family that doesn't treat marriage as important at all. (My dad often says "the only way to get divorced is to get married.")
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards