DIY Wedding Forum

DIY Pine Cone Bouquet

Hello!

I'm trying to find a good tutorial on how to make my own pine cone bouquet. The only one I find when I Google is this one, http://www.oncewed.com/diy/diy-pinecone-wedding-bouquet/, but this isn't quite what I'm looking for. I'm not the most crafty, but I do amazing when following directions, so I need something a bit more detailed than this, and for something more full. Here are a couple of my favorites.I'm not visualizing how to make them more round, or how the "stems" work.

Thank you for any help or direction you can give.

Re: DIY Pine Cone Bouquet

• So that tutorial is pretty good - I think it's useful in order to do what you want.

I made a brooch bouquet for my wedding and used a combination of a tutorial I found online and my own trial and error.

A number of the brooch bouquet tutorials make use of a (fake) hydrangea as the base to help support and make it more round and full. I did this and think it might work for your purposes too...maybe spray paint brown so it hides amongst the pinecones?

• Thank you for the hint. I do think the tutorial above is helpful in preparing the pine cones, but I like your idea of looking at a brooch bouquet tutorial, too, to get an idea of how to make it more full and round.
  • I'm doing this also and agree with PP that trial and error, and combining various tutorials is the only way to go. Something I am working on now is using a foam floral ball to stick the pine cones in (after they are mounted on florist wire). I want to see if this will create that round look. Hope this helps. 
  • That is a great idea, atintheburgh. Would you mind giving us an update on how it goes?
  • You could also try looking up centrepiece or wreath making techniques that use pinecones.. I know it's not the same thing but it is forming floral or decorative elements into shapes and arrangements. They might have some ideas worth trying.

Let us know how it turns out
  • I was thinking of buying these for my bridesmaids (nature theme) but getting them on etsy.  Making my own would be fun and a way to get what I want too.

Only thing is, sometimes it IS more affordable to buy instead of make. Please show us pics as I'm going down the same route here

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards