Pre-wedding Parties

Need a different name for Engagement Party - any suggestions?

Hi there!

My fiance and I are having a housewarming / engagement party at our new home, except we are inviting people who aren't going to be invited to our intimate destination wedding... like my fiance's new co-workers. 

I know its not socially acceptable to invite people to an "engagement" party if they aren't invited to the wedding so I was hoping to call it something different but have similar significance. We want our party to represent a celebration of how far we have come and how excited we are for our future!

Any suggestions on what to call it?

Re: Need a different name for Engagement Party - any suggestions?

• Just call it a housewarming. You can't in any way refer to it as an engagement party, or anything related to your wedding since not all guests will be invited.
  • Housewarming party or a "just because" party.  Because you really shouldn't be throwing your own engagement party and like you said, you are inviting people who aren't invited to the wedding, so really this party should have zero to do with your engagement and upcoming wedding.

• I'd call it a housewarming and let it go at that. Since non-wedding guests are going to be invited, I'd treat it as non-wedding-related.
  • Ditto all PPs.  I would also advise against even talking about your wedding to coworkers/fi's coworkers.  I love a lot of the people I work with but couldn't invite them all as it would have doubled our guest list.  I only mentioned the wedding to them when asked and even then bean dipped as soon as possible.  It's awkward to be even talking about the wedding with people who aren't invited, let alone be hosting a party for it.  Call it a housewarming, let the idea of an engagement party go. No one threw one for us, we would never have hosted our own, yet we still celebrated to a great extent, by getting married.  That was one hell of a party.  
  • It is very rude for you to host your own engagement party, so please drop that phrase completely.  Just have a housewarming party, and don't talk about the wedding, since not everyone will be invited.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Just have a housewarming party. No need to have an engagement party, especially since people not invited to the wedding will be there.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards