Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thursday!!!!

Re: Thursday!!!!

• Options
    caseface5 said:
    I just got so much more excited for football.... TOM BRADY IS FREE!!

BEST NEWS EVER!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options

Oh guys this is kinda funny. H and I hardly ever eat fruit. We buy bananas weekly and toss them when they get brown. Well I boughta whole bowl full of different fruit for the kitchen table just so my parents think we eat fruit hahahaha

@buddysmom80 Oh that makes more sense that her daugher is having the babies, I misread and thought your CW was the pregnant one and planning the thing for herself. But regardless it sounds like a spoiled brat shit show

@keptinstitches boo! good on you though for being able to put up with that, I don't think I could!

@caseface5 BRADY 4 LIFE!!!

@misskittydanger you could donate them to like a preschool/ daycare?

• Options
    Odd question that I'm hoping some of you will have ideas for!

I have a bunch of bubbles left over from the wedding. I planned on giving a few to my friends for their kids, but I'll still have a crap ton left! Any suggestions on what I can do? I don't entirely want to just throw them out :\

Try the wedding classifieds section here?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    @jenna8984 tried that. they don't want bubbles lol
  • Options
    @TwoDimes I love those stools! I think we want something with a back to it but I will see what they have. Have you tried taking her for a walk or something to help her get a little more worn out before bed time?
  • Options
    AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015

@caseface5 - We can just go ahead and change your UN to "liceface5" ;) But seriously, that sucks soooo bad. Lice outbreaks are such a freakin shit show.

@buddysmom80 - OMFG, that story about your grandpa is hilarious!! We played Risk with 5 people once, and we got stuck with 3 people left for over an hour, so we ended up just holding hands and deciding world peace was the best option.

@jenna8984 - I hope you have a good weekend, even with the traffic! I get a lot of shit from my BF when it comes to seeing my family (especially driving 5 hours each way), but it's not my fault that his is super close and we see them all the time!

@TwoDimes - Kill your dog. That's the only thing I haven't tried. Even keeping him up super late hasn't worked for me. ;)

--------------------------------------

I was at a training the last two days. It was SO BORING.

My BF will be home late tonight taking a coworker out for his 21st, so I'm excited to have a few hours to myself. I kind of need it, especially considering we'll be busy all weekend. Also, I just got an e-mail and I get 2 hours of early release paid tomorrow! And I got paid today! Today is just great! :D

ETF: Spelling

• Options
    I agree with you @TwoDimes but I also think the serious crimes should be punished both inside and outside of football and there should be some measure of punishment fitting the crime standards.  It makes me sick to my stomach that some of these guys can beat their spouses and kill dogs and that isn't really taken seriously by the NFL (and many other sporting organizations).  Kids look up to these guys.  That said, cheating is cheating and even though deflating balls may be less serious than beating your spouse, it still needs to be dealt with.  I mean, I can't make an argument to a judge that he shouldn't punish me at all for speeding or say my crime was trivial just because someone else got caught for speeding with drugs in the car.  The punishment should fit the crime, of course, but both should be punished.  On that note, some humor...sorry, couldn't help it.

Sports Football animated GIF

Nfl Tom Brady animated GIF

• Options
    @twodimes, I think the random testing this year on balls throughout the course of the game will be very interesting.
  • Options
    TwoDimes said:
    @twodimes, I think the random testing this year on balls throughout the course of the game will be very interesting.
    @keptinstitches, how so? 
    Well, at first I was convinced that Tom Brady was cheating (full disclosure: I am not a Pats fan), but as I thought about what the balls go through during the game, I found myself wondering whether slow leaks would be possible. I think that testing them at halftime and after the game, in a variety of weather conditions as well, might prove illuminating.
  • Options
    @TwoDimes and others discussing this:

I agree with all that has been said re: punishment fitting the crime. However the evidence on this whole thing was very minimal and speculative. They didn't have any solid evidence to begin with. Do we know if the ball boy and equipment guy are getting any sort of punishment? How about the refs who discovered that the balls were deflated and then didn't do anything about it? 

(I have been following along to the case and reading up on it. I will say that I am not an expert and that I didn't read the full Wells report, so I appoligize in advance if I am out of line by any comments made above.)
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @TwoDimes I don't have a dog, but I have a cat that likes to wake me up early. Sometimes I just get him to snuggle for a bit. I've also been known to just lie on him {not all of my weight, but enough that he's forced to settle the fuck down} Sometimes it works. Sometimes I get scratched.
  • Options

@TwoDimes - Ahhh!! I'm letting my BF rub off on me! That's his go-to whenever I bitch about the dog. "Let's just kill him." And then I go "Shut up! It's not funny!"..............

• Options

@minskat30 @twodimes Agreed. If he did something wrong, then he did something wrong but it seems crazy that it gets so much more media and league attention than those other things I mentioned.

I think it's one of those things that shouldn't be a rule to be honest. Each team uses their own so the way that Tom likes his, have no negative effect on the opponent since Aaron Rogers for example gets to use his own and have them the way he likes them. It's like not we were forcing the other QB to use them that way. That's why I think it shouldn't be a rule, to me it's like saying that they all have to wear the same haircut. Why, Tom's doesn't affect Aaron. But anyways, yea that gif sums up the local radio stations, they are always playing clips of him talking/ singing about balls hahahah love it

• Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    @jenna8984 - I can't opine honestly on whether it should be a rule or not since I don't follow football that much really.  I'm just speaking from a legal/punishment/rule perspective....I think the reason this got so much attention (and I agree with you that it really was overdone) is Brady's popularity/public persona obviously.  The lawyer in me looks at everything from the angle of "every good thing carries a responsibility or burden with it"...choosing between a S-corp or LLC business structure has pros and cos...you can't take all the pros and then complain about the cons.  The more popular you are, the more likely you are to be scrutinized.  Do I think that's fair?  Not really when it comes to basic rights (privacy, safety, etc.) and when it comes to applying rules equally.  The problem I see here (again, high level)  is the rules aren't always clear and that leaves room for personal bias to weigh in.  Of course then you get into an argument of "well, who gets to make the rules" and, since it isn't 5 o'clock and I can't have a glass of wine to soothe the resulting headache from that discussion, I'll pass.  ;)   

@AlPacina - H jokes all the time about "giving Rajah away" when he's bad.  I tell him I'm giving him (H) away before Raj since Raj came first.  :P

@eilis1228 - Pics of the hair ideas?  Love the flowers!
  • Options
    @TwoDimes @minskat30 I'll make a separate post. Don't want to overwhelm this post with pics.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

@eilis1228 Love those flowers!! And I feel like bridal portraits are just a southern thing. I've never known anyone who did them! But I'm sure the flowers and hair will come out great and you'll have a blast!

@twodimes @minskat30 good points!

• Options
    Ugh, it's been a rough few days.  I've been struggling a lot with depression lately and last night it just all sort of crashed in.  I couldn't sleep until really late, and then I absolutely couldn't get out of bed.  Like, physically couldn't.  I get so frustrated with having to deal with a mental illness because I feel like such a failure at everything.

Luckily I don't have class today, so I'm working from home (grading, mostly...which is code for "watching Four Weddings on TLC"), and I'm going to go to yoga later because I think that will help.

Along those lines, I'm not especially looking forward to this weekend.  I wanted to drive up and see my sister/BIL/nephew, but my car is acting up and I don't have the money to get it fixed right now, so that's a no-go.  I am going to take a lot of yoga, though.  Plus, I joined a church last week, so I'm looking forward to getting more involved there.

Basically trying to keep my head above water.  I underestimated how hard it would be to move to a new place where I literally know nobody.

Ugh, sorry so negative.  
  • Options
    I'm ready for this day to be over.  I slept in pretty late which was nice. I had an MRI done my liver today, which I had to get done after I had the baby but got done now before I got KU again.  I hope of course all is ok with that.  I don't need anymore bad news. I think later on this afternoon I'm treating myself to a pedicure.  H & I are doing more mattress shopping too.  I'm supposed to go back to work on Tuesday.  I'm not sure I'm ready yet.  I'm also trying to find support groups and/or therapy- grief counseling.

Anniversary

• Options
    @peaseblossom55 - Therapy would likely be very helpful right now.  I went to a therapist for years and I can't tell you how grateful I was to have her help me through some larger life issues.  Hell, my therapist actually came to our wedding and I still occasionally keep in touch with her.  I hope you can find someone to help.  Also, if you aren't ready to go back to work, don't.  I'm not sure how much time you can have off and how supportive your work is right now but take as much time off as you possibly can and feel is necessary. Hugs to you.

@futuremrshistorian - Do you have a therapist as well?  I can't stress enough how grateful I was to have one.  I'm sorry you are feeling terrible.  Hugs to you as well.  
  • Options
    minskat30 said:
    @peaseblossom55 - Therapy would likely be very helpful right now.  I went to a therapist for years and I can't tell you how grateful I was to have her help me through some larger life issues.  Hell, my therapist actually came to our wedding and I still occasionally keep in touch with her.  I hope you can find someone to help.  Also, if you aren't ready to go back to work, don't.  I'm not sure how much time you can have off and how supportive your work is right now but take as much time off as you possibly can and feel is necessary. Hugs to you.

@futuremrshistorian - Do you have a therapist as well?  I can't stress enough how grateful I was to have one.  I'm sorry you are feeling terrible.  Hugs to you as well.  
    I second this advice. I went to therapy for a little while in high school, and it helped immensely. I learned so much from my therapist, and it's helped me deal with all of life's problems head on. I cannot stress enough how wonderful therapy was, and I highly recommend it for both of you. *hugs*

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @minskat30 @elis1228 I think therapy will probably be really helpful right now too. 

Anniversary

• Options
    @peaseblossom55 sending you so much love right now. Take all the time you need to go back to work, and I'll 3rd what @minskat30 @ elis1228 said, a therapist would be a great idea, even a support group too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options

@futuremrshistorian I'm sorry to hear that. I agree with PP that therapy would likely help. I think you're on the right path right now with some yoga. I moved across the country by myself and there were some rough, depressing times. I tried to hike a lot because endorphins really do help to an extent. I would also watch movies that reminded me of home (like the Departed so I could hear the Boston accents) and you'd think that would make it worse but it helped me to "feel" like I was there even for 2 hours. Hope you feel better soon.

@peaseblossom55 I have also been thinking of you. You are strong and you are loved!

• Options
    @buddysmom80 & @twodimes thank you. I think and hope by next Friday I can begin getting back into work.  Slowly but surely I guess.

In other news I'm between 2 pieces of jewelry, for H to get me as a memory for Anneliese.  I just want something to wear and soon.  I thought about getting a tattoo, but my fear of needles and her long name are making it hard for me to find a good place for it. :-)

Anniversary

• Options
    Hi girls. Yesterday was a blasts we went to Disneyland for a few hours since we have passes and on a mini road trip to see my parents for a bit then back home.

Today I work graveyard so I made chicken teriyaki meatballs with onion carrot and celery in them and served with white rice and broccoli to eat for dinner for Cory and I. He's off at 10 I go in at 10... I have an interview in an hour... All these interviews I better get something soon! Haha

This weekend I work 4 hours each day with one client and will pick up my other clients schedule tonight. Not sure what we will do for the holiday Monday. I picked up steaks and sausages so maybe a bbq? We have had a kiddie pool out for the puppies also and they love it!

We booked my birthday weekend in October so a little weekend away to celebrate my 30th! I can't wait! Counting the days and about a month away haha

That's all for now!
  • Options
    I was too busy at work today to post but just stopping in to say about football season starting..
    Tv Sad animated GIF

I hate sports and H loves football and hockey. If he gets Sundays off again this year I'll be spending those days competing with football for his attention. I FUCKING HATE FOOTBALL AND HOCKEY SEASON!

@peaseblossom I agree with everyone else- definitely don't go back yet if you don't feel like you're ready. What two jewelry pieces are you deciding between?

• Options
    @minskat30, @eilis1228, and @jenna8984 - I don't have a therapist yet, but I agree that I need to find one, and soon.  I've been in therapy on and off ever since I was diagnosed as bipolar (and before, really...that diagnosis was a long time coming).  I'll do some digging and see what I can find, because I've got to have someone to talk to (so I'm not just venting to you all and to BF!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards