Outdoor Weddings

Weather predictor

I can't find a good website that will predict the future. How do I know what temperature it will most likely be on my wedding date? I found past dates on farmers almanac , is that the only indication I have?

Re: Weather predictor

• There's nothing that is going to magically tell you what the weather will be. You can look at average temps for the area over the past few years through the Weather Channel, but that doesn't mean that's the exact weather you're going to get. 

We got married on my birthday, so I remember the weather each year pretty well. 2014 it was hot and sunny. 2013, same weather. 2012, it was cold and raining. 2011 and 2010 it was chilly too. 

I'm sorry, but you're not going to know the weather until the week of. And even that can change drastically. 
  • Mother nature has a mind of her own.  The only thing you can do is look at the past to see what the average might be, but that doesn't even that doesn't tell you the future. 

A tropical storm hit on my wedding day.  First one to hit that area in a few decades, but the first time one hit on that weekend.    Lot of good knowing the past did for me.   

All you can do is plan for the worse and hope for the best.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Ok. I have plan b setup at the same venue.
  • Always have a plan B in case of inclement weather. And that includes too hot and too cold. Your guests' comfort should always be your first priority. 
  • We are known for being 75 degrees and sunny but holy hell this week has been rough!! It's 9 pm and 89 degrees in my house! (OP and I live in the same region) With the El Nino occurring soon I think weather reporting is even more up in the air. I'm glad to hear you have back up options. That's the smartest thing.

I was married in the month of October. The rental company I used let me reserve heat lamps 9 months in advance and I could cancel them within 48 hours of the wedding with no charge. But if I needed to RESERVE them a few days before our wedding, my coordinator told me it would be extremely difficult and I might be SOL or have to pay higher fees. So talk to your venue or rental company about this sort of thing now. 
  • DarthV8rDarthV8r member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    lc07 said:
    We are known for being 75 degrees and sunny but holy hell this week has been rough!! It's 9 pm and 89 degrees in my house! (OP and I live in the same region) With the El Nino occurring soon I think weather reporting is even more up in the air. I'm glad to hear you have back up options. That's the smartest thing.

I was married in the month of October. The rental company I used let me reserve heat lamps 9 months in advance and I could cancel them within 48 hours of the wedding with no charge. But if I needed to RESERVE them a few days before our wedding, my coordinator told me it would be extremely difficult and I might be SOL or have to pay higher fees. So talk to your venue or rental company about this sort of thing now. 
    Seriously, this heat is so bad I played in the hose water with the kids yesterday.  Should I check into heaters for a may wedding?
     I think even if it rains it should be mild. My back up has  central A/C  and heat. 
  • lc07 said:
    We are known for being 75 degrees and sunny but holy hell this week has been rough!! It's 9 pm and 89 degrees in my house! (OP and I live in the same region) With the El Nino occurring soon I think weather reporting is even more up in the air. I'm glad to hear you have back up options. That's the smartest thing.

Seriously, this heat is so bad I played in the hose water with the kids yesterday.  Should I check into heaters for a may wedding?
     I think even if it rains it should be mild. My back up has  central A/C  and heat. 
    I've always found www.weatherspark.com a good source for average weather. Usually I just type into google "weather spark averages (location)" and it comes up.

If your back up has heat and A/C, I wouldn't look into heaters unless you want to spend the extra money to have it outside. Because then you're kind of juggling 2 plan B's...If you want to take that on, go for it. But I probably would just keep it simple and say "good weather = plan A, bad weather = plan B" and leave it at that.
    *********************************************************************************

• lc07 said:

I've always found www.weatherspark.com a good source for average weather. Usually I just type into google "weather spark averages (location)" and it comes up.

If your back up has heat and A/C, I wouldn't look into heaters unless you want to spend the extra money to have it outside. Because then you're kind of juggling 2 plan B's...If you want to take that on, go for it. But I probably would just keep it simple and say "good weather = plan A, bad weather = plan B" and leave it at that.
    This is great advice. And yes, it's possible for it to be cold enough outdoors with that May Gray nonsense we get. I'd only order the heat lamps now if I could cancel them prior to the event without being charged.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards