I just can't

2»

Re: I just can't

• Options
    ScottishSarahScottishSarah member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2015
    Jax43615 said:

A friend I used to work with did this with his wife on their PPD. There are photos in their wedding album on FB of them COUNTING MONEY from the "money gather". They had their FIRST wedding in May 2014 then their PPD in March 2015.

Edited because 2105 hasn't happened yet. 

I worked a wedding where they were counting their cash at the top table, it was awful!!!
  • Options
    Jax43615 said:

@CElizabeth419 FI and I were not invited to the wedding, so I don't know how guests felt about it, but the pictures show him sitting on a chair with a bunch of $ in his hands with all of his groomsmen looking excited. It isn't a posed picture, just a candid shot. Unfortunately there weren't any pics of it actually happening lol

The comments explain that the groom and bride (and maybe the whole bridal party??) went around the room collecting $$ somehow and whoever (whomever?) got the most "won". I think the groom got $40ish.

$40 dollars! It was totally worth it then!

• Options
    Jax43615 said:

A friend I used to work with did this with his wife on their PPD. There are photos in their wedding album on FB of them COUNTING MONEY from the "money gather". They had their FIRST wedding in May 2014 then their PPD in March 2015.

Edited because 2105 hasn't happened yet. 

I don't want to know what kind of atrocities are happening in weddings in 2105.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

What is a Stags and Does?

Am I required to wear camo?

• Options
    @fyrchk A stag and doe, or buck n' doe, or jack and jill, is a party put on by someone (or someones) on behalf of the bride and groom. A local hall is usually rented. There is an entrance fee (usually $10), food and some sort of music (either band or DJ) is provided. There is a cash bar, and usually various sorts of "games"- anything from a poker game to silly carnival type games- prizes are given, and there is also usually raffles and a silent auction. The idea is that it is a money making event for the B&G in order to help pay for the wedding. 

Stag and does are not usually costume events, but I know some people who have had them around Halloween and turned it into a Halloween party. 

Very common where I am from, so I've been to a few myself (and I'm going to another in Oct), even though it is very far from etiquette approved. 
  • Options
    SP29 said:
    @fyrchk A stag and doe, or buck n' doe, or jack and jill, is a party put on by someone (or someones) on behalf of the bride and groom. A local hall is usually rented. There is an entrance fee (usually $10), food and some sort of music (either band or DJ) is provided. There is a cash bar, and usually various sorts of "games"- anything from a poker game to silly carnival type games- prizes are given, and there is also usually raffles and a silent auction. The idea is that it is a money making event for the B&G in order to help pay for the wedding. 

Stag and does are not usually costume events, but I know some people who have had them around Halloween and turned it into a Halloween party. 

Very common where I am from, so I've been to a few myself (and I'm going to another in Oct), even though it is very far from etiquette approved. 

Whoa, no wonder people don't like these! In my area people just mean a co-ed bachelor/ette party when they say Stag and Doe. 
  • Options
    This was on my local FB Group from a local invitation designer.  At first, I was just annoyed by the Over Capitalization Of Everything and then I got to the bottom!  

As OP said...I just can't!
  • Options
    This was on my local FB Group from a local invitation designer.  At first, I was just annoyed by the Over Capitalization Of Everything and then I got to the bottom!  

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Options

A local invitation designer?  Holy hell, there were at least four different fonts going on there.  I kind of want to send them money and specify that it's for better invitations, because stuff like that drives me nuts.
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

A local invitation designer?  Holy hell, there were at least four different fonts going on there.  I kind of want to send them money and specify that it's for better invitations, because stuff like that drives me nuts.
    Seriously. Someone DESIGNED that thing - and then put it in FB to brag about it??? Yikes.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Heffalump said:

Yup.... and I quote "Custom Designed Wedding Invitations Designed Locally!!"

Detroit, and really a large portion of Michigan is big into the buy local thing.  I don't think there's another state that could rival us in local tee shirt manufacturers.  I probably own 35+ Michigan or Detroit themed tees, but "locally designed invitations" is pushing it a bit haha.

ETF capitalization - the invitation is rubbing off on me!

• Options
    SP29 said:

I might be showing my age here....but a social then? Are they not called that anymore?

• Options

Cheese Wench that is such a good idea!!! Thanks for that! I do have several cute bridesmaids so I suppose I will just have to sack the chubby one. Can you recommend a board where I can go for etiquette advice on this? Or perhaps there is a cute poem on Pinterest along these lines? For example...

>>>>>>>> "a best friend of mine, I have no doubt, but you're not hot enough, for me to whore out. <<<<<<< Ps we are registered at target and Macy's".

Because a cute poem makes everything okay. </p>

Oh my goodness! /dead
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards