Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Timeline adjustments

Hello!

I've been researching timelines to see when tasks should be completed, but I have a bit of a tricky situation. I'm in grad school, and my work requires me to leave the country from end of May-end of August 2016, and I absolutely need to be focused while I am there.

For a November 2016 wedding, how does this adjust my timelines? I've got a ceremony/reception venue booked with deposit down, and they do the catering and cake. Our tasting is in March. I bought my dress, and we are taking engagement photos at the end of the this month. I bought the dress at Davids Bridal and they have given me a timeline for fittings, etc. working around my schedule. I am going bridesmaids dress shopping this November, and I am pretty sure it'll just take that one trip to figure it out.

Questions:

1. Save the dates should be sent out 6-8 months before (right?), so I was planning on doing those in Aprilish. When should I send out invitations/should I send them out before or after I get back, or have them assembled and have someone else drop them in the mail for me while I am gone?

2. When should we book a photographer? (we are doing a separate engagement session, and may/may not us them)

3. DJ, florists, etc.?

4. Registering? And when do I make the website? I wanted to use the engagement photos on this, but can I do it as soon as the pics are done?

My concern is appearing a bit over zealous when in actuality I am accounting for my "prime" planning time being cut out.

Re: Timeline adjustments

• Options
    ***Also we need to figure out a shuttle service, after party, and hotel.
  • Options
    IamnowmrsjmsIamnowmrsjms member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    You should send your invites out 6-8 weeks prior to your wedding-no earlier.

Book your photog ASAP, the best ones get booked early (ditto for florist, DJ etc...)

Register and make your website whenever you want.  If someone is hosting you a shower, it will most likely be in Sept-so just make sure you have a registry before then (please don't do a honeymoon registry!)

• Options
    Separate all the in-person tasks from those that can be done remotely.
    Prioritize and focus on the ones where you need to physically show up.
    I would also think about what's very important and what's not that important to you and focus on the important stuff and not sweat the small stuff.

I would book the photographer ASAP and get started on the other vendors.
    But honestly, even the two months you have upon your return are enough time to do a lot of last-minute stuff.  Good luck!

• Options
    Get your photographer, DJ and florist ASAP. The better ones do book faster. You will always be able to find one, just getting the better ones at a fair price is tough if they are all booked up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards