November 2015 Weddings

96 days and counting!

The board is quiet.  How is everyone doing?  Honeymoon will be paid off this week.  Still need to finish  my table numbers and a few other items.  Our venue has a package and I substituted some vendors for my own.  I didn't realize that with the bartenders, not only do I have to purchase the alcohol, but everything else, like the cups, ice, stirrers, fruit, mixers etc.  What is everyone else doing?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 96 days and counting!

• I just ordered invitations which we will be sending out late august/early september.  We just found out rooms need to be booked by Sept 29th, so we want to give everyone ample time to decide if they want to stay.  I spoke with my catering manager/wedding planner.  He was awesome- and we came up with the signature drink which will be served hot, and cold.  Apple cider and fireball.  Yum.  We really want an outdoor ceremony as long as it isn't raining.  So many girls on here gave me a hard time about this, but the wedding planner thinks it could work out since the guests can stand under a heated tent where the cocktail hour would take place, and take there seats as soon as we are ready.  The ceremony will be 15 minutes or so, and guests will be told to leave their jackets on until after the ceremony.  Blankets will be provided and hot cider immediately following.  I think it will all work out.  The only other option is to have the cocktail hour in the same room as the reception, and the ceremony under the tent.  I really don't want that though unless it's absolutely necessary.  Hoping we have some normal fall weather in November.  Fingers crossed no snow!
  • Hopefully having our last meeting with the pastor at the end of the month/beginning of Sept. Then we can order our invites! 

I am currently working on my wedding band. My fingers are super small so I have to "Customize" any ring I want. Ugh! Hopefully Blue Nile will not disappoint, so far so good... 

I have to get FI to sign off on the photographer so we can put down the deposit. And I need to discuss the deposit (if he wants one) for my reception. 

What's everyone thinking is going to happen weather-wise versus location? I am upstate NY so it honestly could be be anything from blizzard, to rain, to sun, ect. I am hoping snow covered but clear skies. 
    11/21/2012 - Chapter 1: The Text
    10/23/2014 - Chapter 2: The Proposal
    11/21/2015 - Chapter 3: The Wedding

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • My engagement ring broke! The band snapped where it meets the setting, and there is a fairly sizable break in the band. I have no idea how it happened--I didn't drop it, and I don't remember banging it on anything. Fortunately, Blue Nile will repair it for free during the first two years. I sent it back on Friday and will hopefully have it back in about 10 days. My finger feels naked without it :(

And I'm in California/SF Area. We're due to get that monster El Nino this year, so I'm pretty sure we're going to have rain for our wedding day. Fortunately, everything takes place inside. And our processional will be the instrumental version of 'November Rain', so it would be fitting,
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm in Texas and you never know what the weather will be like here.  We fly to San Francisco to catch our cruise for our honeymoon.  I hope the weather is decent.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NicRen17NicRen17 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2015
    My engagement ring broke! The band snapped where it meets the setting, and there is a fairly sizable break in the band. I have no idea how it happened--I didn't drop it, and I don't remember banging it on anything. Fortunately, Blue Nile will repair it for free during the first two years. I sent it back on Friday and will hopefully have it back in about 10 days. My finger feels naked without it :(

___________________________BOXES__________________________________

I had to call them and even see if they could order my ring size for me! They had to check with their jewelry experts to see if it could be safety sized down without damaging the ring/make the gems loose. Thankfully, they said they could and I was able to order it yesterday and it should be here on Monday!! 

I am a size 3.25 so teeny. What kinda ring do you have Arrrrg? Pictures ;)??? This is the one I ordered. I love it online so I hope I love it in person! The only complaint is that it is a thin band but I think on my small fingers, it'll look good.

• And this what my engagement ring looks like.

• Mine is a classic four-pronged solitaire in platinum. The band is very similar to the one of your engagement ring. 

I nearly bought the same wedding band as you! I was born in September so I love sapphires. But I opted for a platinum 2.2mm band that had a shawl of five small pave diamonds from a different jeweler instead--got it off of Amazon for an awesome price.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Love the wedding band @nicren17 !

I'm still torn on what to get.  I have a moissanite 6 pring solitare with a plain 14k gold band.  So I think I want a little sparkle... but I go back and forth.  I also want to stick with moissanite.  

I'm sending out my invitations tomorrow which is super early, but we need to know how many people are staying at the hotel sooner so we can plan transportation beyond what is provided by the hotel.  

• @Klk111415
    I got my band in the mail a few weeks ago and I love it! Fits beautifully! I am wondering how I should wear it on my wedding day....

Just the band.... Band for the ceremony and engagement ring back on afterwards.... No engagement ring at all.... Before pics/after pics.... DECISIONS!!!

• NicRen17 said:
    @Klk111415
    I got my band in the mail a few weeks ago and I love it! Fits beautifully! I am wondering how I should wear it on my wedding day....

Just the band.... Band for the ceremony and engagement ring back on afterwards.... No engagement ring at all.... Before pics/after pics.... DECISIONS!!!
    I think the tradition is to wear the engagement on your right ring finger on your wedding day so your ring finger is bare until the wedding band goes on, and so it doesn't distract from the wedding band once it is on. I think I will do this, but of course you can do whatever you want :)
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I think the tradition is to wear the engagement on your right ring finger on your wedding day so your ring finger is bare until the wedding band goes on, and so it doesn't distract from the wedding band once it is on. I think I will do this, but of course you can do whatever you want :)
    I had to check to see if it would even fit on my right hand! My right fingers are slightly bigger than my left and my ring is already so stinking small.

• NicRen17 said:
    I think the tradition is to wear the engagement on your right ring finger on your wedding day so your ring finger is bare until the wedding band goes on, and so it doesn't distract from the wedding band once it is on. I think I will do this, but of course you can do whatever you want :)
    I had to check to see if it would even fit on my right hand! My right fingers are slightly bigger than my left and my ring is already so stinking small.
    Don't worry--I have the same problem!
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I tried on a bunch of wedding bands this weekend and I can't figure out what I want.  I thought I wanted a band with moissanite diamonds all around, but when I tried them on they seemed to take away from my engagement ring which is simple and beautiful on its own.  My engagement ring band is slightly rounded, so I'm trying to find something to go with that.  I did however stop in this Hawaiian jewelry store and they had a simple band that had a maile leaf etched into it (which represent love, honor, and respect- I think)  So now I'm considering that band but I would have to special order it soon because it doesn't come in my size.  I also don't think I could have it resized ever again if my fingers got bigger/smaller.

Ugh decisions! 

• I had the worst time finding a band I liked. I was originally looking at a sapphire wrap/enhancer to go around my engagement ring. I never heard back from the jewelry store so they lost my business and I went with a sapphire/diamond band above. It goes with my ring (kinda) and it stands alone nicely too. I am waiting for my fiance's feedback on what to do with my engagement ring during the ceremony... Hopefully he'll have an opinion to help me with my lack of one.

• @NicRen17 I think I'm either wearing my engagement band on my right hand, or I will give it to my MOH to hand me right after the ceremony.  But if you are taking pictures beforehand, I would still wear the engagement ring.  Just hand it to her right before you walk down the aisle or switch it to your right hand.  Mine doesn't fit as nicely on my right hand and it feels super weird to me, so I might give it to my MOH.
  • Oh- had my first fitting this past weekend!  The dress fit perfect and I had to hold back from crying because I was sooo happy and in love with it (over a year later, thank goodness!)  It needs one part fixed which DB is doing for me for free and then I'm having it hemmed and bustled.  The bustle looked amazing how they pinned it, so I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's finished!  One month till I pick it up! :) 

We also picked out our cake which will look like a birch tree with fake leaves.  We went with black forest cake, but they are making a side sheet cake which will be pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting! So I'm super excited for that!

• @KLK111415 OMG your cakes sound delicious!! 

I have to try on my dress to make sure it still fits good. I've had it for a loooooong time now. It should be fine because I haven't gained or lost weight since I brought it home. 

I talked it over with my Fiance about the ring situation and he's going to think about it. My engagement ring (even thought its super special) is actually not as meaningful at my wedding band is. 

We got confirmation from our pastor about our wedding invitations and we are planning on ordering them soon! It actually took us a while to figure out the wording on our invites. Between us technically hosting and having a full mass with communion in our Epsicopalian church, wording was very specific and detailed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards