Not Engaged Yet

It's Tuesday (AND HELLO!)

Hi guys! I missed you all so much <3 

What did I miss? What's everyone up to these days? Tell me everything! 

I'll do a proper AW thread at some point today but my trip was incredible! H and I had a really amazing time and already started discussing going back but visiting a different country next time. That won't be for quite a few years, though. 

I don't have a lot going on now. I really need to unpack still and I'm partially on South Africa time so bed has been happening around 8pm every night followed by waking up before 6am every morning. I used this to my advantage today and had H wake me up when he left for work at 4am and I did 30 Day Shred to help combat the 8,869 pounds I gained while I was away. 

I can't wait to hear what everyone's been up to! 

Re: It's Tuesday (AND HELLO!)

• YOU'RE BAAAAAAAAAAACK! I missed you. xoxo You already know everything I've been up to.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Hello!!!  So excited your back @swazzle!  I adored your posts on Instagram.  Where are you thinking of going next.

I'm bummed to be back to work and I've got about 400 pages of legal reading to do today.  Blech.  

As for this weekend, H and I ate, drank (I made Mexican martinis...hello hang over on Monday) and watched a lot of movies.  We also went for a hike in like 90 degree weather so that was a little much.  We didn't make it to the zoo (sad).  We figured it would be jam packed with kids before school starts so we opted to use our tickets next weekend.  

For accountability purposes (those doing workouts in September) what did you all do?  I worked out every day except Monday was my rest day so I just did a short mile walk...well, and we cleaned the house on Monday so I'm counting that too.  But of course I ate and drank all the things all weekend so, yeah, got to better about that.  Last week Tuesday was a 4 mile walk, Wednesday spin and a 4 mile walk, Thursday spin, Friday spin, Saturday was a 5 mile walk/jog, Sunday was a hike of about 5 miles, Monday was a 1 mile walk and house cleaning.  
  • @minskat30 - Last week's workouts:

Monday: Run
    Tuesday: Hot Yoga
    Wednesday: Nothing...was going to run but then it was lightening and pouring
    Thursday: Hot Yoga
    Friday: Run
    Saturday: Long Run
    Sunday: Hot Yoga
    Monday: Run

I was down 2 pounds when I weighed this morning!
  • Welcome back @Swazzle! Glad you had a great time. 

@minskat30 I went for a 3 mile walk Sunday and Monday. Today I'll hopefully do a Blogilates workout. I NEED to get back into a routine. I've been doing pretty much nothing for months now- I just can't find the energy and then I get even more depressed. 

Friday I got out of work 2 hours early so I headed to the mall - I talked about it in the SF thread. I was home by around 5 so that was nice. I finished reading the Weight of Silence and hung out with H when he got home. 

The rest of the weekend I had pretty much no energy- it was like my body knew summer was going to be over soon and winter was coming and my seasonal depression was starting early or something. Saturday I did NOTHING but watch OITNB and then finally showered. When H got home I watched It Follows with him and then went to bed. 

Sunday we did some errands- last Christmas H's parents got us a Ninja but my parents got us a Vitamix so we kept that. H's mom couldn't find the receipt for the Ninja from Target- she's so unorganized. I brought it to Target soon after and one person in customer service told me I could exchange it but it had to be for things in the same exact department and explained all this stuff about sale prices and crap and it seemed like a PITA. So we FINALLY brought it back this weekend- I wanted H with me so he could help me pick stuff out - CS ended up just giving us a GC- so much simpler! So we could pick out whatever we wanted- and the GC was like $30 more than MIL paid for the Ninja. Nice! We ended up ordering a Keurig and a slow cooker with the GC so we're waiting for those to arrive now. We went to dinner that night and then ran into the people downstairs from us on our way into the house coming home so we had some drinks with them for a bit. 
    Yesterday I walked, laid around and then went food shopping. H had a tattoo appt and didn't get home until after dinner so I barely saw him before I went to bed. 

I am so tired today! From what, I don't know because I barely did anything this weekend 

• @swazzle - Welcome back! We missed you! 

9/1 - Crossfit
    9/3 - Crossfit
    9/4 - Run
    9/5 - Crossfit
    9/7 - Crossfit

I got up for a run this morning but my body just said no. If it isn't too hot, I'll run tonight, otherwise, I'm happy to take it as a rest day.

This weekend was nice. We didn't have too much planned, so we relaxed, took walks with the pups, ate and drank. I really wish I didn't have to work this week. The next three weeks are going to be busy busy busy. I have a new employee starting on Monday, so this week I need to get all her stuff set up, set up about 20 meetings for her, and also get my regular stuff squared away. 

Off to meetings!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @beanbot2002 - HELLO YOU! 

@minskat30 - I'd really like to go to Kenya during the Great Migration. We're planning on a US trip next year and would need to start saving so that's a ways off, though! You're kicking ass with your workouts! 

@Labro - I missed you! We talked mainly about Kenya but I'd like to see Botswana and Mozambique at some point too. Basically... everywhere, please! I had a similar weather problem when I was away but the opposite. It was cold and rainy for us but absolutely perfect right before we got there and right after we left. Sad.

@CocoBellaF - The wreath and chandelier look great!

@futuremrshistorian - I hope your BF hears back about the jobs he's applying for! 

@lavenderfields13 - What did your H get? How did you like The Weight of Silence?

@cu97tiger - I missed you toooooo! 

@TwoDimes - I'm jealous of your drive-in movie date! I've only been once and I loved it. The closest one to me is over an hour away so we never go. 

• @cocobellaF beautiful wreath! yay for new booties!

@futuremrshistorian keeping my fingers crossed for you and your BF!  

• @labro - That's awesome!  

@cocobellaf - I seriously heart that chandelier.

@futuremrshistorian - Way to go!!  2lb is amazing.  I was down 1lb on Saturday when I weighed in but I probably gained it back and then some on Sunday and Monday.

@lavenderfields13 - What tattoo is your H getting?

@TwoDimes - This weekend was crazy hot.  Why H and I thought a hike would be a good idea, I don't know.  Puppy pool pics please?  Rajah was right there with Indy on the heat...a puppy pool actually would have been a good idea for him.  
  • @swazzle He has a half sleeve with Medusa and the golden apple (kind of mythology themed) and just added on a broken compass- he may keep it going all the way to a full sleeve but no plans for that yet. I liked the Weight of Silence - have you read it? 

• untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    @swazzle WELCOME BACK!!

Nothing new with me. I'm sacrificing one of my few days with BF tonight to work for a coworker who I'm pretty sure JUST went on vacation and now he's going away again?? So I'm sad about that. Time with BF is precious damnit!

Oh also, official puppy business is underway, I'm officially gonna have a new baby next year!!

Question for all of you: has anyone switched from iPhone to Android? I am thinking of switching because the lack of memory KILLS me and I'm getting busier so I need to be able to use memory lol. I like the Galaxy Note phones but I've NEVER used an android phone before so I am afraid to switch and hate it. With Verizon's new plan structure (no contracts!) you have to buy the phone outright before switching to a new one EVERY TIME which is a lot of $$$ if you don't like a phone.
  • @lavenderfields13 - I haven't but I'm always looking for book recs! 

• @swazzle So excited to see the photos!

@CocoBellaF love wreath!

@TwoDimes it was hot AF here too :(

What a busy weekend for us! Lol :)

Friday ended up meeting some friends at new restaurant across from our place. It was a revamp of an old place. Not terrible, but nothing hugely great.
    Afterwards people came back to our place for a bit. Hung out. Etc etc.

Saturday Matt and I planned on going downtown. He got my a bow necklace from Tiffany's :) I love! It's tiny but perfect! I collect FunkoPop vinyl figurines and they had a Data one. I saw it and Matt knew what it meant to me, so he bought it. {cue audience: aww!}
    We went to dinner at this HUGE buffet place. So good! We wandered around for a bit, since we wanted to see the Northern Light Show at parliament hill and we were early. Ended up buying beavertails and headed to the hill. Met up with friends, watched the show and headed home.

Sunday was family dinner. My mum had my granny, nana, Matt and myself for early dinner. It was mainly "pick foods" {macaroni salad, potato salad, veggies, deli meats, etc} So perfect as it was starting to get super warm. {side note: I got an instamax camera and I'm beyond stoked!}

Monday was my actual bday. We had no real plans as it was stupid amounts of warm. That was nixed. My friends ended up surprising me at my door and had ice cream cake and a card. I'm not great with surprises, so I basically backed away from the door when I saw it was them. Lol

I'll be super glad when it starts to cool down. Our plan of taking the box spring down to the corner has been kiboshed because it's way too hot. 
  •  And I want to make them a Princess Bride sign to hang in their house.  Something like this:
    That is so perfect and I love that you're sticking with the Princess Bride thing for your mom's wedding :)
  • Happy belated birthday @MsKittyDanger!

@Swazzle someone here recommended it- I have a whole list of books that I've read/will read just from people here! I read Into the Darkest Corner when you recommended it- so creepy. 

• @untouchablets I've had a Galaxy for years.  I love it.  It is all google and microsoft so not complex to use at all.  I got an iphone for work and honestly use it for calls, email, and text.  Everything else is through my personal phone. 
  • My weekend was pretty awesome. My parents flew up and stayed at my new house, my dad was a nutjob working on my lawn the entire day Saturday. Like legit, trimming trees, removed an entire tree/ bush thing, pulling logs out of my shoreline lol. Looks good though, and they bought us lobsters and steak. Ugh my brother came over with his 3 kids and drove me nuts. They were like animals trying to run in my living room with food. I'm sorry but brand new carpets + brand new couches= get your grubby little hands back in the kitchen. His wife said I was being a little crazy/ uptight about it and I wanted to punch her- no, how about you respect other people's brand new property?!

Then we went to Cape Cod for Sunday & Monday stayed at my aunt's amazingly gorgeous 3,000 sq foot home steps from the beach. So nice. Parents flew out today and I've got a ton of work to get done by Friday since our cruise is next week!

@swazzle Yaaaay glad you had a fantastic time and glad you are back here safe & sound!!

@minskat30 Probably a good call saving your zoo passes. And great job working out!

@labro camping with A/C sounds great. Sucks that the cool weather didn't stick around for you but still sounds like a nice time

@cocobellaf You have an entire laundry ROOM that fits a chandelier and pictures on the walls? oh there's the picture, wow I'm jealous that looks great.

@futuremrshistorian That is SO great that he's applying in Savannah!! omg I hope he gets something, and I'm glad you're doing better this week!

@lavenderfields13 Yay for the new crockpot and coffee maker. Dude I feel you, everyone seems to be all motivated to work out (which is badass) and I'm the opposite. I haven't in a year since my wedding and I feel like shit about it but I just don't give a shit and don't want to! My aunt offered me her treadmill so I guess I'll take that and attempt a little but I just don't want to lol.

@caseface5 that sucks it was so hot for the cheerleaders, it will cool down super fast though into Sept.

@untouchablets I have Verizon and I love Samsung Galaxy. I have the 3 which is outdated, I plan to upgrade to the 6 soon. We talked to them the other day and they still offer the subsidized phone with 2 year contract, so you could always go with that rather than the no contract/ full price phone. I do think the battery and memory is way better on Samsung.

@misskittydanger Happy birthday!! Pics of bow necklace thing?

• @lavenderfields13 thank you :)

@jenna8984 thanks and I shall tonight :)
  • untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    @jenna8984 Thanks! I plan on going to the new plan because right now I pay 80 a month for 2 gigs of data and unlimited talk and text, but the new medium sized plan is 65 a month for 3 gigs and unlimited talk and text. So its MUCH cheaper. I don't mind buying the full price phone, but I definitely want to know what I'm getting into first!
  • @Swazzle YAY!!!! I can't wait to hear about your trip!!

@minskat30 ooooo Mexican Martinis sound so good!

@labro I've missed you and I can't wait to see you when you get home.

@CocoBellaF Aw riding horses sounds so nice right now! I've been wanting to do that with H for a while.

@futuremrshistorian Your nephew sounds adorable!!!!

@TwoDimes Drive in movies sound so perfect right now especially with the weather cooling down. I'll have to find one for DH and I to go to.

@untouchablets NEW PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Speakeasy14 LOVE that sign! You will need to AW once it's finished!

This weekend was nice and long, I had a 5 day weekend! I almost forgot I had to come back to work this morning.

I had an appointment this morning and I'm going to be real honest and say I'm a little upset even though I shouldn't be. It's probably the hormones and the fact I'm a pumpkin but Callie has shown zero signs of wanting to come out. My doctor said she is very content where she is and if she hasn't shown any progress by next Monday then we will need to look into other options (I might need to be induced).

She is head down and nice and big but there is A TON of fluid in between her head and my cervix (aka she hasn't dropped yet) and my cervix is basically not even close to being ready for birth.

I'm going to cry. I want to have this baby when she is ready of course but the thought of waiting past my due date makes me want to go jump up and down and run around my neighborhood 20,000 times. My doctor was like, so I know you don't want to be pregnant until December...WTFFFFFFF!?!?!?!?!?!?? Don't say that to me and get this baby out.
  • @southernpeach89 - Ugh, all the hugs.  I'm sorry Callie isn't cooperating.  I'm praying she listens to her momma.  
  • @MissKittyDanger - Happy belated birthday!

@speakeasy14 - I'm sad to say that I have no furry friends for anyone, including myself :( That sign is adorable!

@lavenderfields13 - Wasn't it?! I read 'The Circle' and 'We Were Liars' while I was gone and they were both pretty good. I have a few others that I bought before my trip that I didn't get to yet. 

@southernpeach89 - Big hugs and all the vibes to you and Callie! She sounds like she's good and comfy in there and being stubborn!

@eilis1228 - You were such a busy lady this weekend! I can't believe how close you are!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards