New Jersey

Venue for 75-90 PPL?

I'm trying to find a venue for our wedding.  We are only inviting 90 ppl max, and expect about 75 (its a second wedding for both of us).  We'd also like to stay under $10k for the reception venue...any ideas?  We live in Central NJ.

Thanks!

Re: Venue for 75-90 PPL?

• My fiance and I are looking into similar things (around 75 people, trying to keep costs at $100 pp, though we are only looking into fall 2016 and places with outdoor ceremony space), and here's what we found (all for afternoon weddings, as Saturday night is out of our budget everywhere): The Tides Estate (nice outdoors, but room in which the smaller receptions are is kind of basement-y), Doolan's Shore Club (nice indoors, but if you want an outdoor ceremony on site, you have to get married by the hotel pool), Merri-makers Catering at Neshanic Valley Golf Club (only meet this price on Friday or Sunday and they charge for everything), the Channel Club (very nice indoors and the outdoor ceremony space is on a dock, which is nice if you're into it), Buttonwood Manor (not that nice and right by route 34 traffic), and The Grand Marquis (very fancy inside - a little too much for us - and $115 pp).

We're also planning on looking at The Mill at Spring Lake (where we may only be able to afford brunch) and Graycliff Manor.

Hope that helps! 
  • Mine is an afternoon Saturday wedding at The Tides downstairs room with the ceremony outside in April 2016. I love the feel of it. I love the cocktail hour room with the pretty corner nook and bench pillows. Also love the fact that we have the outdoor patio available for everyone. I fell in love with it for some reason as soon as we parked the car. You should definitely at least check it out in person. Good luck!
  • Try the Royce Brook Golf Club in Hillsborough, not sure of their guest minimums but they are definitely in your price range!
  • Definitely look into country clubs!  Also, time of year/week/day will influence the price.  A Sat night in September or October is going to cost more than a Sunday afternoon in February or March.  What's important to you?  We wanted a Sat evening wedding but didn't want to pay the peak season price in the fall, so we opted for early November.  Something to keep in mind.
  • KnotConciergeKnotConcierge Venue Concierge
    First Comment
    Hi ladies!

I noticed you're chatting about wedding venues and I think I can help! The Knot has recently launched this amazing new service called Venue Concierge, this is a free service that helps brides like you find their dream wedding venue.

We have experts in each city that will work one on one with you and recommend gorgeous venues in your area. Kelsey is our New Jersey expert, and she would love to help you! Feel free to email her directly at kelseyo@theknot.com or head over to theknot.com/concierge for more info.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and best of luck!!

XO,
    Molly
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards