Chit Chat

Loneliest Bachelor Party Ever (attn Chicago Knotties)

This is cracking me up! 

He's getting hits on his Instagram as we speak for people to hang out with him, now that his story has gone viral. If I wasn't busy I'd connect him with DH, fellow Bears fan!

Re: Loneliest Bachelor Party Ever (attn Chicago Knotties)

• This is hilarious!! Poor guy looks miserable in every photo except for the first one.

Sounds like he's getting a warm welcome from Chicago!!

• edited September 2015
    I'm just reading this and thinking "fake," I don't know why... He does look sad though.

Edited to finish thought and proof read.
  • You know Feeley, I did kind of wonder... all his friends' flights were cancelled? Really?

DH and friends once planned a bachelor party in Vegas, but only he and two other guys bought plane tickets- not the bachelor. So, they went on the bachelor party without the bachelor. They got a lot of mileage out of the story too- like, they met Dick Butkus (I think? or some other famous sports guy) and he called the bachelor lame for not going to his own party.

So a larger part of me believes it because of DH's past situation. 

• I'm getting the fake vibe too, especially since there was a go fund me started.  Assuming there is no crazy weather going on, like a hurricane, typically a cancelled flight gets booked for the next day.  So wouldn't his friends meet up with him the next day?
  • Just showed the article to my FI. He got about halfway through before going - is this real? It looks like just some guy taking random selfies. :) So yep, he's on the "this is fake" train too.

• Unless all his friends were on the same flight, I can't picture them ALL getting cancelled. 
  • I know this guy personally! It's 100% not fake. He flew out of one airport, all his friends were flying out of LaGuardia (the worst place in the world) and all of their flights were cancelled- but they were mostly on the same one or two flights so it's not as crazy a coincidence as it sounds
  • edited September 2015
    Awwww I was at that bears game! My sister and I would have hung out with him!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I'm torn between feeling bad for him and cracking up.

Also, when and how did he get a completely solo picture at the Bean? That place is always jammed with tourists when I go by (and whenever I see pics of it). Maybe it was 8:30 on a Tuesday morning or something?
  • That happened to me at Disneyland before.  I was so sad but got to go on all the rides.

cast member: "How many in your party?" 

me:                 "one"

• I know this guy personally! It's 100% not fake. He flew out of one airport, all his friends were flying out of LaGuardia (the worst place in the world) and all of their flights were cancelled- but they were mostly on the same one or two flights so it's not as crazy a coincidence as it sounds

And it was impossible to get a new flight for all of them? Weird.

Also, when and how did he get a completely solo picture at the Bean? That place is always jammed with tourists when I go by (and whenever I see pics of it). Maybe it was 8:30 on a Tuesday morning or something?
    This is the one where my "bull shit meter" went from 2.5 to 8. It was probably the one that solidified my "FAKE" feeling. Although it kind of looks like he was there really early on the morning so... maybe?

And it was impossible to get a new flight for all of them? Weird.
    No but I think they couldn't get rebooked until later in the weekend because other flights were full.

This is the one where my "bull shit meter" went from 2.5 to 8. It was probably the one that solidified my "FAKE" feeling. Although it kind of looks like he was there really early on the morning so... maybe?
    It was really early yesterday morning.
  • Update, the bachelor made it! Lol. Thanks for confirming it's not fake Starmoon. Yeah, Labor Day travel? Not surprised it took time to get rebooked.

• edited September 2015
    I'm torn between feeling bad for him and cracking up.

That's was what I was wondering too!

ETF typing
  • That's pretty hilarious, and sad at the same time. And some of you may not have actually clicked on the GFM but it says it will all be donated to homeless shelter in Chicago. I'm all for that.

• jenna8984 said:
    That's pretty hilarious, and sad at the same time. And some of you may not have actually clicked on the GFM but it says it will all be donated to homeless shelter in Chicago. I'm all for that.
    I was gonna say I liked it until I read about the GFM... but I guess that's not so bad :)
  • I thought the same thing about that bean! LOL. The other pictures, you can take alone.  Especially on the back of the boat.  It was pretty cute though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards