Not Engaged Yet

StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

Re: StitchFix Discussion, Pics, and Item Details

• cu97tiger said:
    I got my StitchFix last night. The first pic is of the draped cardigan (LOVE IT) and leggings with a zipper. The cardigan is just a little bit too small in the arms, so I'm waiting to hear if they can get it for me in a larger size. The leggings were nice but the zipper was already scratching up my ankle after five minutes so those are a no-go.

The second pic is a dress/tunic that I knew would look awful on me, and it did. It is just not a style that flatters me.

Third pic is a super comfy shirt, but it was really thin and boxy, so it's going back (especially because it was $68!).

I liked the look of the shirt in the last pic until I tried it on. It was too small across the shoulders and just didn't do anything for me. I was sad, because I liked the print.

Is it bad that I kind of want to order another fix for 2-3 weeks? I'm addicted to getting these!!
    I love that cardigan on you! I got the last top in a Fix last month and kept it. I wore it when I was away!

• Maybe these will work as attachments.
    I actually love everything except the striped top. You're right, it doesn't do anything for you! I reeeeally love the pants!

• @keptinstitches - I'm OBSESSED with that colorblock sleeveless top. I think I have it pinned in three different colors!! I'm really excited for you to get this Fix!! 

@lavenderfields13 - I love everything except the black & white stripes! I asked for jeans in my next fix, but I think I'm going to ask for some colored pants for fall next time - I LOVE those burgundy pants!! 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I got my 13th Fix on Saturday and I'm keeping 2 items. 

Gilli Khalia Maxi Dress - I like it but I really don't need another maxi dress plus I probably won't wear it now that it's not summer.

41Hawthorn Ysabel Grommet Neckline Blouse - I love this top, it's exactly my style. 
    Renee C Melisa Printed Pencil Skirt (my stylist suggested this pairing) - Not a fan. It's a bit too busy for me and I don't like how I look in pencil skirts.

The top paired with my own pants: 

Daniel Rainn Sapulpa Henley Blouse - I wanted to like this but there are buttons along the bust and it opened more than once while I was trying it on so that's a no-go. 

Laila Jayde Salderas Hooded Cardigan - I had this pinned and I am IN LOVE with it. It's so soft and snuggly and I can't wait for cooler weather! 

• @swazzle yeah not a fan of that pencil skirt pattern.  Love the first top and maxi dress though! 
  • @Swazzle I actually really like the pencil skirt and think it looks great on you but if it's not your style then that's a no go.
    Love the hooded cardigan too- looks so comfy!

• @Swazzle, I agree with lavender I like the pencil skirt, but if you don't that's what matters! That blue top is lovely (I have an obsession with navy so that helps) and I really love that cardigan!
    Confession: I only once have really listened to the stylists pairing suggestion. I need to get better than that, I mean its half the reason I subscribe!
  • @Swazzle I agree about the pencil skirt. I'm just not feeling it. I love the top that you paired with it, and I loooove that maxi on you! The cardigan is super cute too! 

• @swazzle - I forgot to comment after I saw your pictures! I'm so glad you love the cardigan and the shirt you kept. They both look fabulous! It's a bummer you don't need a maxi dress because the colors on that one are so beautiful!.... I'm personally in love with the skirt, but I would have no idea how to wear it, so I don't blame you for not being into it.

Also, I hate the pattern on that button up shirt. It's like plaid + camo + The Matrix = vomit (as in the pattern looks like vomit, not like it makes me vomit). Maybe it looked better in person?

• @AlPacina - It did look better in person, I think. The skirt was cute and when I look at the picture I think I like it but I'm trying to stop filling my closet with 'maybes' because they never get worn. I'm wearing the cardigan today, it's probably the softest sweater I own and I'll want to wear it all winter. 

• @swazzle, I love the cardigan and the first top! The skirt is nice IMO, but doesn't seem like it would be a really flexible piece (which is something I'm really looking for now, so that's coloring my opinions).
  • Swazzle said:
    @AlPacina - It did look better in person, I think. The skirt was cute and when I look at the picture I think I like it but I'm trying to stop filling my closet with 'maybes' because they never get worn. I'm wearing the cardigan today, it's probably the softest sweater I own and I'll want to wear it all winter. 
    @Swazzle - Yes! I do this all the time. Smart lady. My wardrobe was recently cut in half because I threw out everything that was once a maybe. It felt good, but I also felt stupid for buying all the stuff and then just letting it sit there.

• @AlPacina - I just sent a completely full bag to ThredUp and I'm hoping to get a few bucks. More than half of the things still had tags on them :(

• I'm much less happy this time. It's like they didn't read my note about not liking sheer or see-through tops on my last Fix because I got two of them. No pics because I am so not comfortable with that. I would never pull them out of my closet - my clothing needs to be easy, and for me, that includes not needing camis, so they're going back.

Two dresses. First is the wrap dress:

It's not bad, but it's really thin and cut down just as low in back as in front, and at the risk of sounding like a Stark, winter is coming and this won't cut it in a month. Going back.

Then the Millie Textured dress:

Sheer panel goes all the way around the neckline and is low in back to the point it's not bra-friendly, so back it goes.

And this Fix's one success: the pencil skirt!

It's gorgeous, comfortable, pull-on, and a neutral color. I'm keeping this.
  • @keptinstitches I don't like the sheer top trend either.  I got the Millie dress too, and was able to match it with a bra no problem.  My issue with it was that the threading was coming undone. I do think both dresses look awesome on you, but its all about your comfort and what you know you will and will not wear. Is that pencil skirt navy? Navy is my current color obsession since it works with any season. 
  • @KeptInStitches BOTH of those dresses look absolutely amazing on you! I'm bummed you aren't keeping them. The black and white dress is totally seasonal right now and you could wear it in the spring and summer too! But I understand your reasoning. I also LOVE the second dress on you. The fit is 100% perfect and so flattering! I didn't even know the brown panel was sheer.

The thing I've read about the algorithm they use is you have to be really careful about using the word 'no'. Hopefully you have a stylist who actually reads your note and pays detailed attention, but a big part of the process is a computer generating a bunch of images before your stylist even reads anything. When you return the dresses and shirts make sure you leave very specific comments about why. You can also say things you definitely do want and emphasize key words like "opaque" "solid" "modest" etc. Versus "No sheer tops", you could say "I prefer modest, opaque tops with a subtle print" or something like that.

• @KeptInStitches - I absolutely LOVE both of those dresses on you! The skirt is really great too! 

• @KeptInStitches - I'm so bummed that the dresses cut too low! I don't like showing my back at all, so I made sure to put that in my style profile and wrote it again in the comment area on my profile. I agree that both of those dresses fit you so well! But I understand if you're not comfortable. Pencil skirts are the bomb. I think they're so slimming! I'm glad you at least found that one item to keep.

• @KeptInStitches - What are the names of the tops you didn't take photos of?

• @KeptinStitches I agree with PPs- I think both dresses look great on you! I tend to not wear dresses in the fall or winter either though because I'm always freezing. 

• @KeptinStitches I agree with PPs- I think both dresses look great on you! I tend to not wear dresses in the fall or winter either though because I'm always freezing. 
    Tights! Boots! Cardigans!! I love transitioning dresses from spring/summer into fall/winter with different cardigans or jackets and tights and boots. 

*******************************************************************************************

• @speakeasy14, it's more of a royal blue with navy diamonds, if that makes sense.

@labro, thanks for the algorithm tips!! I will have to use them when I next order.

@swazzle, the tops are the Cordelia Striped Boat Neck Sweater and the Flynn Colorblock Sleeveless Blouse.

@goldenpenguin, layering will get you part of the way with thinner dresses, but up here where we can easily get a month or more of day-long subzero temps, all your pieces have to be heavy enough. (I live where cold is made and sent to other places.)
  • @speakeasy14, it's more of a royal blue with navy diamonds, if that makes sense.

@labro, thanks for the algorithm tips!! I will have to use them when I next order.

@swazzle, the tops are the Cordelia Striped Boat Neck Sweater and the Flynn Colorblock Sleeveless Blouse.

@goldenpenguin, layering will get you part of the way with thinner dresses, but up here where we can easily get a month or more of day-long subzero temps, all your pieces have to be heavy enough. (I live where cold is made and sent to other places.)
    LOL. I grew up in Maine and live in Upstate New York. We INVENTED winter.

You do snow, I'll grant you that, but how's your cold?
    Tights! Boots! Cardigans!! I love transitioning dresses from spring/summer into fall/winter with different cardigans or jackets and tights and boots. 
    When it's really cold I can't bear to go outside without actual pants :(  I also just suck at putting outfits together lol

We had over a 30 day stretch in January/February that didn't get above freezing and had wind chills of -50 more than once. I got cold. 

We had over a 30 day stretch in January/February that didn't get above freezing and had wind chills of -50 more than once. I got cold. 
    Nicely done. That's cold. And we do that just about every damn year. Since I'm still scurrying between buildings, all my clothing needs to be heavy enough.
  • @KeptInStitches - I had one dress that was a little too low for me (wanted to wear it to church but didn't want a bunch of cleavage), so I had my tailor put a pretty piece of lace where the deepest part of the V was.  You could never tell and I've got a few compliments on the neckline of that dress.  Just a thought.
  • @KeptInStitches - Oh wow. Those are sheer? I love them both, the sweater looks so cozy! I actually got that tank but in white with the black stripes and didn't think it was sheer at all (I didn't keep it because I was on a strict budget that month and loved something else better). 

• @KeptInStitches I really love both of those dresses on you! I agree with @GoldenPenguin about transitioning them from summer to fall. They're really cute and would look great with tights and cardigans.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards