Honeymoon Discussions

Winter Honeymoon at a Ski Resort

Has anyone had their honeymoon at a ski resort? What did you do if you're not big ski people? The FI would really like to go to Telluride or Aspen for the honeymoon, I'm good with that. However, I can't ski, I'm willing to lean and spend time on the slopes but I wanted to know if anyone who had done this type of honeymoon had tips for what to do when not skiing? Other packages or things we could look into doing. Thanks in advance! 

Re: Winter Honeymoon at a Ski Resort

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    If you go to Aspen and are a beginner skier stick to Buttermilk or Snowmass mountains.  Aspen and Highlands are fairly advanced.     The ski instructors at Ski Co are pretty good and patience.   

All the mountains have snowshoeing.  There is dog sledding on Snowmass.  There are snowmobile trails around. Cross-country skiing.    

A lot of the resorts have hot tubs to just chill and relax. St Regis has an amazing spa.   There is a lot of good people watching at base camp at Snowmass and in Aspen in general.     Even though it's in the mountains Aspen it doesn't feel as cold as other places (lower humidity). Any place with an outside seating has heaters and/or fireplaces.  If the sun is shining, during the day in the winter you can have lunch or drinks outside without being uncomfortable.  

check out aspensnowmass.com if you are looking for some information on activites in Aspen.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Thank you for the tips! Dog sledding sounds super fun, and the other ideas are awesome! I'm going to head over to that website right away! 
  • Can you look into snowtubing?  That could be fun and easy to do if you find out you don't like (or can't do) the ski thing.

There is always the spa!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • AprilH81 said:
    Can you look into snowtubing?  That could be fun and easy to do if you find out you don't like (or can't do) the ski thing.

There is always the spa!
    I forgot about that.  Snowmass has a run up on Elk Mountain.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Not sure if it is there, but FI have done sleigh rides followed by a nice dinner.
  • AprilH81 said:
    Can you look into snowtubing?  That could be fun and easy to do if you find out you don't like (or can't do) the ski thing.

There is always the spa!
    A spa sounds lovely! The resorts I'm looking at all appear to have fabulous spas! Thanks for the tip! Snowtubing sounds fun, I didn't know that was a thing but I could see enjoying it a lot. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards