New Jersey

Calling All Rock Island Lake Club Brides!

edited May 2015 in New Jersey
Good morning,e veryone! 

I recently stumbled upon Rock Island Country Club and fell in love. It seems perfect! 

Has anyone checked out this venue or attendied a wedding there?  There doesn'tseem to be many reviews on the venue available and I'd love to hear people's opinions of the place. I sent in an inquiry earlier this morning for more information. We're hoping it's in our budget! 

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Sincerely,
Stephanie

Re: Calling All Rock Island Lake Club Brides!

• Hi Stephanie,

I am getting married here this summer. I really think it's the most perfect venue and I really looked everywhere within a 100 mile radius of Manhattan. PM me if you have any specific questions.
  • mbarkmbark member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I am curious of the price range per plate of this plate too if you don't mind sharing.... Thanks!
  • I am paying in the range of $175-$180/pp for a Friday night in October...  that includes tax and gratuity.  

Perry is good to deal with there- and he typically is open to negotiating, so you'll be able to talk about pricing openly with him- he works with you.  Good luck!
  • @soontobesyp what's the minimum for guests? Are they good at negotiating?
  • Rock Island is a really pretty venue but honestly, if you're into the whole venue on the lake thing, I would REALLY suggest checking out the Indian Trail Club in Franklin Lakes! They recently renovated and have pricing on their website - it's much less than Rock Island. The ball room is so much bigger and the view is much nicer!
  • NowIAmSypNowIAmSyp member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015

I had to guarantee 125 for a Friday night, but I know he's typically higher than that.  I think he looks for around 140-150 or so for a Friday night and 160-175 for a Saturday.  But of course, he'll negotiate a bit.  Good luck!
  • We are getting married there in April 2016 and we are paying 175 a head for a saturday night (including tax and gratuity).  We had to guarantee 150 guests.  I know there are pretty pricey for Saturday within "wedding Season" (aka May -September) but pretty reasonable outside of those times.  Also they have been great to work with and the amount of food is unbelievable. On a side note, my FMIL has celiacs disease and they were the only venue we found that we so accommodating for this and she has so many options that she can actually eat, which was a huge reason we chose this location.
  • They won't really negotiate because they are in such high demand.  They are pretty well booked for 2016 and have inquires about 2018 already.  Perry, the owner, is also opening a new location on a golf course in Fredon, NJ if that is more your style.  May be more open to negotiating at a new location.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards