Not Engaged Yet

AW/PIP: Non-pro Bridal Portrait Pics

Hi, everyone! Here are a few non-pro pics from my mom's phone during my bridal portrait session this morning. The whole thing was amazing and wonderful, and I'm so glad I did it. It was great to be able to wear the dress out and about before the wedding so that I get a feel for how I can move in it, and I loved seeing how my hair and makeup held up throughout the day. Pro tips: 1. Airbrushed makeup is the bomb.com. 2. Apparently you're supposed to blow dry your hair prior to curling it so that you get rid of any moisture. The moisture will weigh down the curls and make them fall sooner... I, of course, did not do this. My stylist said she's going to come 30 minutes early on my wedding day to wash and blow dry my hair herself since I can't be trusted to do it correctly :-P

Pardon my closed eyes. This is a good shot of the dress:

Up close and personal!

The back!

Pro pics should arrive in two weeks. I can't wait to see them!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: AW/PIP: Non-pro Bridal Portrait Pics

• Absolutely beautiful! You and the dress are gorgeous!

Anniversary

• Beautiful!

Just a thought, maybe you could wash (and dry) your hair the night before?? I have heard that curls hold better in hair that isn't "just-washed".

• You are gorgeous!!! Is that what your bouquet is going to look like, because I love it!?!

I've heard both - dirty hair holds better and freshly cleaned and dried holds better.  Anytime I've gotten my hair done, I've washed it the night before.  I need my hair slightly "dirty" for curls to actually stay in my hair.  So I think it all depends on hair type. 
  • You look so gorgeous!

• OMG!!!  You look so freaking pretty!!!!  
  • Squeeee!!!  So gorgeous!  You look stunning, and I love your flowers!
  • You are absolutely gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see the pro pics! 
  • I'm so glad you had fun! Imagine how it will feel the actual day of your wedding to wear that gown again!!!!

I've never had "dirty" hair for a hair style. I always wash and dry my hair the morning of....but I'm also a freak who washes her hair every day so there's that. My curls have never had an issue staying in for the day even with an early early am appointment. It'll all depend on your hair texture and weight and the hairspray used.

• Love them, you are gorgeous! 
    friends tv show funy
  • Thank you all for the compliments and feedback! I really loved the experience yesterday. My photographer really loved the shoot too. He kept saying how great everything was turning out and how every pic felt like a fairy tale. He even emailed us last night to let us know that he'd been showing off unedited pics in meetings with potential clients yesterday. How cool is that?!

6 weeks until I get to put the dress on again! Ahhhhh! The more I wore it, the better I felt in it. For a few pics he had me walk around, so I got a feel for how the train feels too. I feel a lot more confident in my ability to wear that dress properly lol. 

Re: Curls-- my hair stylist has washed, blow dried, and curled my hair quite a few times, and the curls normally stay most of the day. I don't normally blow dry my hair, which was the problem yesterday. I let my hair air dry because I try to avoid putting heat on it. Apparently when you let your hair air dry, you don't eliminate all the moisture in your hair, which then weighs down the curls. You could see steam coming off the curling iron from all the moisture in my hair. I figure I'll have her do it for the wedding because she blow drys my hair better than I do... it looks all frizzy and weird when I do it, but when she does it, I look like a hair commercial. I swear she's a wizard.

Re: my bouquet-- I actually have no idea what my bouquet will look like. A cousin came out of the woodwork and offered to do all of my flowers for free (!), but the actual flowers used will depend on what she can find and their price points. She was out of town on business for my bridals, so I found a local florist to recreate a picture of a bouquet that fell in line with some things my cousin and I had previously discussed. She asked me to send her a pic of the bouquet we used, and she really liked it... so maybe my actual bouquet will look like that? I loved my bouquet yesterday! The florist I used quoted me half the price of the other florists I requested quotes from too. She did a great job!

• @eilis1228 ah that makes sense. I air dry my hair too.  That probably is why my hair never holds a curl haha
  • @eilis1228 - These pictures are stunning. really. They look like something you would find in a bridal magazine!!! I cant WAIT to see the professional pictures, because I am sure they will be even more amazing. You're SO CLOSE!! YAY!
  • @speakeasy14 It's all magic and sorcery, I tell ya! But yeah, whenever she cleans and dries and curls my hair all in one visit, the curls last the whole day. It must have been me air drying my hair the night before, plus the crazy humidity that cause my curls to fall quickly yesterday. 

@jenjen047 Awwww thank you! *blushes*

• Gorgeous!!!! Love your dress :) and your hair. and everything. :D

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You look amazing! I love everything about this! 

• I was on vacation when this post happened. You look gorgeous!

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards