Connecticut

Irene Rocha Alterations?

Has anyone gone to her for alterations for dresses?

Re: Irene Rocha Alterations?

• I had my 1st fitting with her just a couple weeks ago, so I haven't seen any actual work yet. She was really nice, seemed very knowledgable, and made me feel comfortable. I forgot to ask her about pricing (oops..) so I can't comment on that yet. 
  • cool, thanks! do you mind keeping me posted when you get your fitting?
  • My next appointment is 10/21...I'll keep you posted! 
  • great thank you! :) 
  • My sister is having a pageant gown altered there and recommended her to me for my wedding dress. She hasn't received the final product though, but she had nothing but good things to say about her initial appointment.
  • Update - had my final fitting this weekend and was very happy with her. Everything came out great, she was easy to work with, and price seemed reasonable to me. I didn't need all that much work done though - just a hem, cups sewn in, and bustle. Hope this helps!
  • Update - had my final fitting this weekend and was very happy with her. Everything came out great, she was easy to work with, and price seemed reasonable to me. I didn't need all that much work done though - just a hem, cups sewn in, and bustle. Hope this helps!
    Was it under 200.00$?  I have been quoted for 175.00 for a hem with a lot of lace work and 4 layers, added bustle, and to take it in.  I am still looking though. 
  • justsuzie said:
    Update - had my final fitting this weekend and was very happy with her. Everything came out great, she was easy to work with, and price seemed reasonable to me. I didn't need all that much work done though - just a hem, cups sewn in, and bustle. Hope this helps!
    Was it under 200.00$?  I have been quoted for 175.00 for a hem with a lot of lace work and 4 layers, added bustle, and to take it in.  I am still looking though. 
    I went to another seamstress in CT for a quote, and Irene's quote was close but even $100 cheaper. I think that price is pretty fair-- if there's a lot of beading/lace, it's going to be a lot of work for any seamstress.
  • justsuzie said:
    Update - had my final fitting this weekend and was very happy with her. Everything came out great, she was easy to work with, and price seemed reasonable to me. I didn't need all that much work done though - just a hem, cups sewn in, and bustle. Hope this helps!
    I went to another seamstress in CT for a quote, and Irene's quote was close but even $100 cheaper. I think that price is pretty fair-- if there's a lot of beading/lace, it's going to be a lot of work for any seamstress.
    Thanks, I am going to check them out.  When did you go for your first fitting?  Is 4 months early enough? 
  • i think that should be enough time but im not an expert so id call and ask
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards