Not Engaged Yet

Monday!

2»

Re: Monday!

• @labro - yes! It was in the opposite corner when you were here. I want to find some sort of cool antique table or something to go in the corner where it used to be. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @eilis1228 - Yuck, I hope you start feeling better ASAP! 

@speakeasy14 - That dress is gorgeous! 

• @goldenpenguin - I adore that table!

@eilis1228 - Deal closing is likely not until tomorrow or Wednesday.  Ugh.  That's hilarious that you ran into your FI like that.  Sorry about the cocktail mishap.  We had something similar happen to us a few months ago...H hates sweet drinks and we went to a bar that doesn't have a drink menu.  Instead, you just tell them what you do/don't like (bitter, sweet, citrus, types of alcohol you hate/love, etc) he said whiskey based drink that isn't sweet and he got a very sweet whisky drink.  Waitress said it wasn't "that" sweet and still charged us for it.  Pissed us off so I know how you feel.
  • @eilis1228 I don't know what sleeping in is -- I'm up at 6 during the week, and 7:30 is typically the latest I can sleep on the weekends.  So 9:30-10 is a big deal.  I wish I could sleep later on my days off, but my body says no. 
  • @speakeasy14 - Beautiful dress! Looks like y'all had a blast!

• @twodimes are you thinking long or short? I use the hearts to save any dress I like.  Also, definitely read the reviews.  I always sort them by girls similar to my height and size so I know how the dress will fit and then make my back up based on their reviews. 
  • @southernpeach89 OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @southernpeach89 - Ahhhhh!  I'm so excited for you guys!
  • @southernpeach89 Yay!!! Does that mean its induction cake time!? hahaha
  • @southernpeach89

@speakeasy14 FI and I love to sleep. On the weekends, we make it a goal to sleep as last as possible. Sleep is the best thing ever.

@minskat30 UGH noooo I was hoping you'd be done with that deal ASAP. :( I hope it doesn't consume your life as much this week!

• @southernpeach89 - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

• *******************************************************************************************

• @severmilli12 Oh hi there stranger! How are things??

• @keptinstitches those blankets are so beautiful

@southernpeach89 Yay for good news hope Callie comes soon.

@severmilli12 hello stranger!

Anniversary

• *******************************************************************************************

• @keptinstitches - I haven't found a ton of slow cooker recipes I like.  H won't eat red meat or pork and doesn't really care for potatoes either.  I tried chicken with salsa and spices in the slow cooker and it ended up just "meh".  Any go-to recipes to share?

@severmilli12 - Hi stranger!
  • @severmili12imagewelcome back! Sending all the vibes for a baby Sev!
  • @minskat30:

Chicken Tacos

Layer in a crock pot:
    2 cans corn, drained
    2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 pound boneless chicken
    2 packages Ortega taco seasoning
    2 16oz jars Pace picante, mild (you could up the spice level, I'm a wuss)

Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours. Remove chicken and shred with fork. Put back in crock pot and stir. Cook an additional 30 minutes before eating. Add more or less salsa as needed to make liquid.

Another one I like but that isn't crock-pot (but is a dump and cook recipe) is my great-aunt's chicken:

3 lb frozen chicken breasts, thawed
    2 cans cream of chicken soup (can also use cream of mushroom)
    6-8 slices Swiss cheese
    1 8oz can sliced mushrooms, optional
    2 cups stuffing mix (Stove Top or similar)
    1/2 cup margarine or butter
    2 cups croutons

Lay chicken breasts in a greased 9x13 pan. Top each breast with a slice of Swiss cheese. Spread 2 cans of undiluted cream of chicken soup over the top. Add 1 can of mushrooms.

Melt 1/2 cup margarine. Combine with the stuffing mix and sprinkle over the top of the chicken mixture. Cover and bake for 80 minutes at 350*F. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer.
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    @keptinstitches - I made a similar chicken salsa slow cook recipe but it just ended up tasting bland and watery (I used hot salsa and only one jar too)...that said I didn't use two packets of seasoning (just one).  Maybe I'll try that. Your great-aunt's recipe sounds delicious.  Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards