Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday

Morning, ladies! Happy Tuesday! I hope that @southernpeach89 has Baby Callie today!!!! Can't wait for an update. 

Last night, I went to the gym with H and let off a little work frustration, then back home where he started dinner while I showered and then I took over the rest of the cooking while he showered. We ate and by then it was almost 9pm. There are just not enough hours in the day! We relaxed for a little and then H left for his hockey game and I went to bed. I fell asleep reading and slept like a baby. I didn't hear H come home last night or get up for work this morning. I was so tired! 

Today is basically the exact same as yesterday except tonight I'm making Home Chef Creamy Avocado Pasta with Roasted Pistachios and Basil for dinner. I'm planning to stick it out at the gym for a bit longer tonight and go to bed early. Tomorrow night is the finale of Big Brother and it's on until 11pm. I don't know how I'm going to last. 

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
What are you wearing today?
What style jeans do you prefer? 
Flats, flip flops, boots, or sneakers?
What's something you're proud of lately? 
One food you hate the most?
Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?
Coffee or tea?
Blue or black pen?
iPhone or Android?

Re: Tuesday

• @southernpeach89 All the baby vibes!!!
    @swazzle that dinner sounds amazing! Ugh I can't wait until I can hook up my fridge and stove and make all these delicious meals.

I got my couch pillows yesterday. So there's finally some color in my living room.  I just want to decorate already. Hopefully the addition will be done soon so we can clear out all the construction junk and actually make the house feel like home.

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? 30 minutes
    What are you wearing today? Black pants, white with black polka dot tank, red blazer, nude wedges
    What style jeans do you prefer? Skinny, the only style I typically do not need to have hemmed
    Flats, flip flops, boots, or sneakers? Flip flops/sandals
    What's something you're proud of lately? My bf - he's been working round the clock for a year to remodel our house; I wish I could help him more.
    One food you hate the most? Mushrooms
    Crunchy or creamy peanut butter? Creamy
    Coffee or tea? Tea
    Blue or black pen? Black
    iPhone or Android? Android -- I have an iPhone for work and prefer my personal phone which is an Android-- though I do like to use the camera more with my work phone
  • Good morning, happy Tuesday!  

H and I both took the day off yesterday.  I woke up with a sore throat and huge headache, so I called in and went back to bed until 8:30 or 9:00 AM.  That is sleeping late to me!!  I got a lot done around the house and in the garden, plus naps and resting.  It was a great day.

I got to work at 6:30 this morning, but I'm here for a couple hours and then we're meeting up for a work Employee Appreciation breakfast.  I normally wouldn't go to something like this, but I am making the effort and going this morning.  I already have my breakfast shake and coffee, but I'll probably pick at some eggs and toast.  Feeling nervous about going since I've only been here since May and I don't know everyone yet.

Today is H's birthday!  He requested Lebanese Hashweh for dinner tonight, so that is on the agenda after work.

Questions:

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?  If I wash my hair, it's about 75-80 minutes between getting up and out the door.  If I don't wash my hair, it takes me closer to 45 minutes.  Today I got out of bed at 5:30 and was in the car by 6:10.

What are you wearing today?  Including a pic so you can all share in my lovely Tuesday-is-my-Monday outfit.

What style jeans do you prefer?  I don't really wear jeans.  I prefer pajama-feeling-like skirts and dresses or my work out pants or PJ bottoms.

Flats, flip flops, boots, or sneakers?  Flats right now, sandals in the summer, and boots in the winter.  

What's something you're proud of lately?  I ran 2.3 miles yesterday even though I was only scheduled for 1.5.  It's the farthest I've run since my 5K in November and my thyroidectomy in March.

One food you hate the most?  Pickles and mayo.

Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?  Both please.

Coffee or tea?  Coffee.

Blue or black pen?  Green.

iPhone or Android?  iPhone.
  • @Swazzle there really aren't enough hours in the day!

Happy Birthday to your husband @cocobellaF!

Yesterday I was busy at work so didn't get to check in. I read the thread last night though to make sure I didn't miss anything exciting like Callie's arrival!
    I felt really crappy yesterday too but I think it was my allergies, they've been really bad lately. Feeling better today except first I thought it was Thursday, then I thought it was Wednesday. Pretty disappointed that it's only Tuesday!

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? I keep sleeping late so I rush to get ready- about 45 mins depending on whether I'm washing my hair, shaving, etc.
    What are you wearing today? My new black flats that are hurting my feet, black skinny pants, a SF tank white and black tank and purple sweater
    What style jeans do you prefer? skinny
    Flats, flip flops, boots, or sneakers? flip flips in the summer, boots in the fall/winter
    What's something you're proud of lately? paying off my credit card and car!
    One food you hate the most? Umm I hate lots of foods. Boiled ham
    Crunchy or creamy peanut butter? Creamy
    Coffee or tea? Neither
    Blue or black pen? Either
    iPhone or Android? iPhone

• @swazzle dinner sounds yummy!

I got a decent amount of sleep last night and I'm still exhausted.  I just want one day I can sleep all day one day.  The amount of love and things, H, Anneliese and I receiving, cards gifts, even message of love is amazing.  My friend sent me an email yesterday on how Anneliese has inspired her and how much she loves her.  It made my heart so happy.  I don't like this whole getting darker earlier thing at all, nor did I like the fact that I had to wear socks to bed last night.  I want summer back......

Is it Friday yet?

About 45 minutes from wake up to leaving the house for work

Dark grey suit with a aqua blue dress shirt

Boot cut
    flip flops
    That I am able to get out of bed every day....

meat

Creamy

Coffee or tea?
    tea

Blue or black pen?
    Blue

iPhone or Android?
    iphone

Anniversary

• @southernpeach89 - ALL the baby vibes!

@Swazzle - That pasta looks incredible.  I was planning on a salad for dinner tonight but now I'm craving pasta...

@CocoBellaF - That skirt is fantastic!

@Speakeasy14 - Your outfit sounds super adorable.

This week is crazy swamped week, which is why I was MIA yesterday.  I had to force myself to stay off the internets and focus on work.  Today, though, I'm having a grading marathon (which means I let myself take a break every 5 papers because grading is the worst part of my job).  They still haven't caught the shooter who was on campus on Friday, but things seem to be getting back to normal here.  There's been a lot of criticism of the university's response, so there will be a series of meetings and forums to talk about that coming soon.  Most of that pertains to the students, though, so I don't need to go to any of them.

I managed to make it in at 7:30 this morning, so I'm going to leave at 3:30 and catch a yoga class and then go home and snuggle with the dog and continue to binge-watch Homeland.  I'm finally on Season 4!

Depending on if I shave and wash my hair, usually somewhere between 45 minutes-1 hour.  I can usually be out the door in an hour and ten minutes, including walking the dog.

A black and white patterned Banana Republic dress that I ordered from ThredUp, nude fishnets, black and grey heels.

Skinny, when I wear them (which is very rare).

Boots!  (Or, like @TwoDimes, I love heels).

BF!  His job is super stressful, but he's really good at it, and the things he's doing actually make a difference in peoples' lives.

I'll try almost anything once...that said, I'm really not a fan of raw tomatoes.

Crunchy.

Coffee or tea?
    Yes.  Usually coffee in the morning, and then I switch to tea after lunch.

Blue or black pen?
    Black.  But usually grade in red or purple.

iPhone or Android?
    iPhone.  The 6s in rose gold is calling my name.
  • edited September 2015
    @southernpeach89 - I checked in periodically yesterday just to make sure there was no Callie news!!

@peaseblossom55 - I'm with you on being sad that summer is ending.  It was dark around 8:00 PM yesterday...  I miss it being light out past 9:00 PM!

ETA: @futuremrshistorian - I love this skirt.  It is so comfy and I can wear it year-round.  The color is a navy-grey and it goes with any other color.  It is my faaaaavorite skirt.
  • @southernpeach89 what the heck is a jack fruit? hahaha I feel like that is smaller than a watermelon.
  • How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? Oh, 15-20 minutes? Not long, but I shower at night so it's more like brush hair, brush teeth, grab clothes.
    What are you wearing today? A blue 3/4 sleeve cross-front top, a blue SF pencil skirt, a burgundy blazer, and black flats.
    What style jeans do you prefer? I have discovered skinny jeans recently and think they're awesome.
    Flats, flip flops, boots, or sneakers? Flats.
    What's something you're proud of lately? I quit the craft show, something that's only causing me grief and stress. I'm proud of doing what I need to for me.
    One food you hate the most? Kale. That's garnish, not food.
    Crunchy or creamy peanut butter? Crunchy.
    Coffee or tea? Coffee unless it's Tazo herbal.
    Blue or black pen? Black gel.
    iPhone or Android? Android.
    ---
    @swazzle, dinner tonight sounds awesome!

@speakeasy14, hopefully construction is done soon.

@cocobellaf, happy birthday to your H!

@southernpeach89, Callie vibes!

@peaseblossom55, you are still in my thoughts.
    ---
    I got some knitting done last night, which was fun. Otherwise this evening I'm going to study for my accounting test tomorrow and knit some more.
  • @southernpeach89 I feel like you always have a spider story! Is is just the area you live in? I've lived in the city most of my life so I see spiders every once in awhile but when I lived in a countryish area for a couple years I saw them all.the.time. I hate spiders. 

@peaseblossom55 I wore socks to bed for the first time too last night. I need to take our comforter to the laundry mat to wash in a big washer ASAP before it starts getting really cold at night. I took it off a couple weeks ago and won't put it back on because it hasn't been washed. 

• This is the top I'm wearing... I liked it so much I went and bought one in another color and I'm considering going back for a third, but that might be too much...

• @lavenderfields13 ugh we put the comforter on last weekend.  It made me sad.   I hope it stays mild though at least for a few more weeks.

@keptinstitches thank you

The rest of NEY sorry I always feel like my posts are such a downer, I'm working on that.  Some days it easier to hide than others.

Anniversary

• edited September 2015
    Oooooh, @southernpeach89!  Last night I tutored a girl in some algebra.  When she came to the door she had the worst look on her face.  She said that she saw a big spider in our driveway.  She's kind of a scaredy-cat, so I was like, OK I'll check it out for you... And it was the biggest spider EVER.  EVERRRRR.  H went to check it out and it had babies all over its back.  Gross.

@KeptInStitches or other knitters - Does anyone take orders?  I want some of those cute headbands that cover your ears for winter.  I have one and it's a neutral/tan color, but I'd like a few in different colors for some variety.  The one I have kind of blends into my hair and you can't really see it.

@peaseblossom55 - You don't have to hide anything.  We are here to love you through the hard times!
  • Morning everyone!

Today has been pretty good starting off, and I'm hoping it continues. My poor students are all croupy and yucky though - coughing, sneezing, the works... I need a bubble to walk around in.

Last night was long and rough. BF's boss is an idiot. I've mentioned it before, I know, but he didn't get off work last night until almost 11:00, and he went in at 8:30 yesterday morning. He only pays BF by the day, and he's so, so cheap. BF is trying to hold on until this new job gets settled and everything comes together, but it could be another week before all that happens, so he's discouraged. Luckily, he got the day off today, but he was upset because he wants to work and save money. I feel bad for him. I ordered us a pizza, and we met halfway between our houses and ate in the car just to have a few minutes together, and I took him some of the cookies I made (which were delicious even if I say so myself).

Tonight, BF and I are having dinner at my house with my parents and brother. It's gonna be a Netflix night because we are both exhausted.

-An hour-ish? Just depends. I take my showers at night, so all I do in the mornings is straighten my hair, brush teeth, pick out/iron my clothes, that sorta stuff.

-Red teacher tee and khakis. It's school spirit day today. :)

-Any style that fits well and looks good.  I wear boot-cut a lot though.

-I love my cowboy boots, but I wear sneakers most often. My feet kill me if I don't.

-Making myself happy and doing what I need to. I'm too much of a people pleaser.

-Tomatoes. Yuck.

-Creamy.

Coffee or tea?
    -
    Both. Don't make me choose. I love my coffee, but I'm a southern girl and love my sweet tea, too.

Blue or black pen?
    Either. I don't care about the colors, but I'm a pen snob. Only certain brands will I use. I'm weird like that.

iPhone or Android?
    iPhone
  • @lavenderfields13 LOL! We kind of do live in the country so we get lots of spiders plus I think they like the humid climate of Georgia so they stick around for a while. They are awful plus I'm terrified of them so I've had to really put on my big girl pants and get used to killing them.

@CocoBellaF THOSE ARE THE WORST!!!!!!!! One time in college, my sorority went on this retreat for the weekend and the cabin we were sleeping in had a huge spider in it. One of the girls stepped on it and all these babies exploded from it. Worst thing I've ever seen in my life. It was horrible.
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    Forgot to answer the questions...

-Me? Like 10 minutes (I shower at night).  It takes H about 35-40 minutes (which makes me laugh) so I end up doing a bunch of other stuff to help him along (packing up his breakfast/snacks, making him a protein shake), get  Rajah ready (pee break, a little play time, feed and water) and miscellaneous crap like cleaning the kitchen...its more like 40 minutes after all the extra stuff.

-A black and white polka dot dress from WHBM with a blazer,

-Anything that fits over my big ol' butt.  ;)

-Tough one.  I love my sneakers but day to day I wear flats the most when I'm not at the gym.

-Paying off my student loans, working to pay down our mortgage and saving a ton on our grocery bill because of meal planning.

-Seafood in general other than shrimp, crab and lobster (and I think I only like the latter because of the butter).

-Creamy.  H's shake in the morning has creamy peanut butter and I've gotten in the habit of licking the spoon once I deposit a tablespoon into the blender.  Man that stuff is good.  

Coffee or tea?
    -Coffee and lots of it.

Blue or black pen?
    -What about red? ;) Otherwise blue.

iPhone or Android?
    -iPhone
  • @minskat30 thank you again so much!

@cocobellaF your story about the spiders will now give me nightmares this evening thank you ;-)

Anniversary

• Ugh so yesterday my SF box didn't come. I actually requested it today so I hope it does actually arrive! I can't wait to try everything on!!!

Yesterday was nuts at work and I ended up working until around 9:30 last night. I had big plans to be up early and go for a run but I was too exhausted (plus I had an 8 am call). Hopefully today is a little calmer so I can go to lunch with @southernpeach89 and our mom.

Today is National Ice Cream Cone Day so I texted my sister and told her I'd bring her a gallon of ice cream if she has Callie today...and that'd I'd bring a small ice cream cone for Callie too!

@Swazzle Can you please cook for me every day?

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? About 30 to 45 minutes because I shower in the mornings. Add 15-20 minutes extra time for shaving or curling my hair. Blow drying my hair takes 5 minutes or less.
    What are you wearing today? Jeans and a green elbow length sleeve top.
    What style jeans do you prefer? Usually dark wash bootcut but I have a pair of skinny jeans that I'm in love with now.
    Flats, flip flops, boots, or sneakers? Not an option but strappy sandals, then boots, then sneaks, flip flops, flats. I HATE flats.
    One food you hate the most? I tried this thing called nato one time at a Japanese sushi place. It looked like slimy boogers and tasted horrible.
    Crunchy or creamy peanut butter? CREAMY
    Coffee or tea? COFFEE EVERY DAY ALL DAY
    Blue or black pen? I like both but black pen for cards and letters.
    iPhone or Android? ANDROIDDDDDDDDDD

• @southernpeach89 c'mon Callie!!! Your family wants to see you and we want to see baby photos! {plus don't you want to see your bedroom!?}

@peaseblossom55 you be whatever you're feeling. *hugs* we understand!

@swazzle seriously. come cook at my place. {side note: do you know any good recipes for chicken in a crockpot that you could recommend?}

@CocoBellaF I'm a huge pansy with spiders so I admire her not screaming bloody murder.

Well first class of taxes was last night. A good chunk is theory. I'm not looking to get hired but I'd like to get my mark high enough that it's an option if I change my mind.

Didn't realize it was going to be that long of a bus ride there .... HOUR AND A HALF DEAR FREAKIN JEBUS!!!

Tonight is homework. It's not required but she advises doing it because it helps and clarifies a lot. Plus you realize what your issues are and can ask about it. My book is HUGE. Guh.

Matt picked me up and since I said I was freezing, he brought his hoodie :') I'm such a suck lol Luckily we were home early enough I was able to catch ONE show on the PVR before crashing.

This morning has been pretty productive. My boss has court this morning so it's pretty busy also trying to get everything together.

Depends. Without makeup it's not much difference. 15-20mins total {extra 5-10 mins if I wear makeup}
    Dress pants, lace tshirt and light sweater {wishing I wore a heavier sweater} and grey flats
    I'm not a fan of jeans tbh.
    flats or boots with heel!
    I'm proud of all the things I'll be accomplishing in the next month lol
    Beans.
    Depends! Mainly crunchy
    Coffee or tea?
    tea. especially since I'm selling it and have a bunch of great flavours!
    Blue or black pen?
    Black.
    iPhone or Android?
    android
  • edited September 2015
    Oooooh, @southernpeach89!  Last night I tutored a girl in some algebra.  When she came to the door she had the worst look on her face.  She said that she saw a big spider in our driveway.  She's kind of a scaredy-cat, so I was like, OK I'll check it out for you... And it was the biggest spider EVER.  EVERRRRR.  H went to check it out and it had babies all over its back.  Gross.

@KeptInStitches or other knitters - Does anyone take orders?  I want some of those cute headbands that cover your ears for winter.  I have one and it's a neutral/tan color, but I'd like a few in different colors for some variety.  The one I have kind of blends into my hair and you can't really see it.

@peaseblossom55 - You don't have to hide anything.  We are here to love you through the hard times!
    OMG I'm going to throw up!

• @lavenderfields13 LOL! We kind of do live in the country so we get lots of spiders plus I think they like the humid climate of Georgia so they stick around for a while. They are awful plus I'm terrified of them so I've had to really put on my big girl pants and get used to killing them.

@CocoBellaF THOSE ARE THE WORST!!!!!!!! One time in college, my sorority went on this retreat for the weekend and the cabin we were sleeping in had a huge spider in it. One of the girls stepped on it and all these babies exploded from it. Worst thing I've ever seen in my life. It was horrible.
    Vomiting again!

• @beachyone15 are they going to rock you like a hurricane? {bad music joke - I would scream too}
  • @beachyone15 - I don't even recognize unsweet tea as a beverage, and I feel really sorry for people who don't know what sweet tea really is. Pretty sure my blood type varies between Coca-Cola and sweet tea, and I'm not the least bit sorry about it.
  • Spider talk - imageimage

@minskat30 I do too. My bf started laughing when he saw it and goes "that pillow is too small, it doesn't really show how much we like wine."

@keptinstitches look at you and your grown up, super cute outfits!!!

• @speakeasy14 - I love the wine pillow so much. I think we're due for some house remodel pics soon! 

@CocoBellaF - Happy birthday to your H! I will have all of your pickles and mayo, thank you. And I love your outfit today!

@lavenderfields13 - Glad you're feeling better today

@TwoDimes - That's great for your H (and you!)! Do you like peanut butter on stuff?

@southernpeach89 - Come on, Callie! We're all ready and waiting for you! 

@peaseblossom55 - When I got off the train last night at 6:20 it was getting dark and it made me so sad! It's been pitch black on my morning walk to the train since I came back from my trip. Do not like. 

@futuremrshistorian - Ohhhh I LOVE Homeland! I can't wait for the new season. 

@KeptInStitches - I looooooove kale! If you add some olive oil and lemon juice to it and kind of massage the leaves for a few minutes, it softens and is just so yummy. Also KALE CHIPS <3

@minskat30 - Will do!

@labro - Only if you come handle my landscaping :)

@MissKittyDanger - Right now my favorite is THIS . It's easy and super delicious. I've made it 3x in the last 2 weeks. If you have the time, I recommend cooking the chicken a lot longer and on low. It makes it more tender and easy to shred. 

@beachyone15 - I've never been so determined/motivated nor have I stuck to working out this much in my entire life. I think just seeing the number on the scale and knowing that none of my clothes fit was the slap in the face that I needed. 

• I don't even want to be in the same room as pickles or mayo, @Swazzle.  BLEGH.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards