DIY Wedding Forum

Ceremony Lighting

So this is the barn where we will be having our ceremony. Everyone has been telling me we need lighting but everyone has only suggested Christmas lights and I'm not a big fan. I have looked everywhere for an idea so I thought I would stop by here andaybe you ladies have a good idea?

Re: Ceremony Lighting

• You could string some bistro lights up across the rafters. Or maybe paper lanterns.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • We are doing the patio lights at the reception
  • My SIL did a wall of Christmas lights behind tulle at her barn wedding. They hung down in straight lines and the tulle hid the lights so that it was still bright, but had a nice, soft, gauzy effect rather than obvious green/white wires and such. I will find and post a photo for you.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Here it is. I thought it was lovely!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Since you're NAF on the Christmas light idea... 

Halogen lights hooked on the rafters would be an easy solution, however they'd have potential to create a fire hazard...  If you're just looking for lighting in general, I'd get heat lamps (because of the clip) but would just put an LED flood bulb into them..  It's not going to look as "pretty" but it'll be "what you'd see in a barn"... Or you could use twine to hang heat lamp with LED bulbs down from the ceiling like you'd see in a chicken/turkey coop...

• So, here's the question, where are the outlets? 

LOL - I can't hear you over the sounds of the generator!!!!!! jk!
  • MesmrEwe said:
    So, here's the question, where are the outlets? 

LOL - I can't hear you over the sounds of the generator!!!!!! jk!

I then vote to have an "in the dark" experience, but make sure that your tables all have glowsticks in vases as the "lights"...that'd be one memorable wedding. And glow necklaces for individuals, so that once the music is on, people don't bump into each other. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards