• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Wedding 911

Quick zit fixes?

4 days out and yesterday I woke up with a huge zit right in the middle of my cheek. I tried Neosporin which is my usual go-to treatment, but that didn't help.  The last time I tried the toothpaste trick it ended really badly. I tried a super hot washcloth and that helped deflate it a little but did not kill the whole thing obviously. I've been avoiding wearing makeup on it and have been washing my face and exfoliating regularly for a couple of weeks now.  Any suggestions that might take this sucker out in the next few days?? 

Re: Quick zit fixes?

• Neutrogena spot treatment usually dries mine up. It works best if I can manage to go without make-up and without touching my face for a day or two.
  • If you're willing to drop $150, you could get a cortisone shot. It will get rid of it in 24 hours.
  • Good old fashioned Hydrogen Peroxide (the stronger version they sell on the shelf)...  Especially if you got it to drain with the hot compresses...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MairePoppyCMGragainhellohkb
  • I have used an alcohol wipe on them before...again only in an emergency because I don't like drying out my face with them.  Don't pick at it if you can avoid it because scabs can be harder to cover with make-up than the actual zit, and touching your face will just spread the bacteria and clog your pores more.  I have also used Proactive's face mask and that has lessened some of them as well.  In general though, I use epiduo for my every day acne care and that has been helping prevent them from popping up.  Good luck and best wishes for your wedding!

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    edited July 2015
    Benzoiyl peroxide is the active ingredient in most zit creams. (Yes, I still get zits.  I have one right now!)
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
    MesmrEwe
  • Thank you everyone!! I tried a few things but in the end the hydrogen peroxide seemed to take care of it. By the morning of it was all but gone :) 
    MesmrEweWinstonsGirlhellohkb
  • I tried hydrogen peroxide and it worked on my breakout! Thanks for the tip, @MesmrEwe

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

MesmrEwe
  • I'm assuming I'm too late on this but figured I'd share it for others wondering. HYDROCOLLOID PATCHES, sometimes they're under the name blister bandages, stick a piece over your pimple overnight and it sucks all the nastyness out, it's amazing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards