Not Engaged Yet

Bad news and Homesick

Today has been one of those days. And, somehow I keep coming back to this board because all of you ladies are just such great people.

Being abroad does not bother me. I am with my FI and have not been homesick, but now, as things begin to pile up, I am feeling it. My mom called me yesterday to let me know that my dog had passed away early in the morning. I had a feeling that I would have to put her down around Christmas, but I thought I would get the chance to spend a little more time with her when I went home to visit in December. She was my baby girl for almost 15 years.

Now, this morning, my uncle passed away. When my dad passed away, his children where there for my family and now I can't be there for them. It is just so much right now. And I really just want to go home to be with everyone. But I can't. I just started a new job last week...

I can't help but think, what will happen next?

Re: Bad news and Homesick

• So sorry; hopefully things will start getting better. If I remember correctly, you're living in Japan?  Even though you can't be with your family in person, why don't you skype or facetime?  Hopefully things start looking up.  

You should stick around and participate more.  We're a really good distraction.
  • Thank you. I am currently living in Japan :-) I really do need to participate more, this forum really does have some great people on it
  • I'm sorry to hear this, that's really tough. And being so far away doesn't help. Skype and FaceTime sound like great suggestions, and definitely stick around here. We help each other through tough times and do our best to cheer each other up. **HUGS**
  • I'm so sorry for your losses. It's even harder when you're so far away and can't be there with family. I hope you're at least able to get some extra Skype or Facetime in with your family.

• I'm so sorry for your losses, I hope you are able to connect with your family soon. Sending you lots of thoughts and prayers right now.
  • I am very sorry for your losses. I know that being away from family at times like this would be tough. Hugs from Maryland.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I so so sorry for your losses. Being away from family can be so hard, especially when times are tough. Sending you tons of hugs and T&P!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am so sorry for your losses and hope you can connect with your family soon. You're in my thoughts.
  • I am so sorry for your losses. 
    friends tv show funy
  • I'm sorry for your losses as well.  
  • I'm so sorry for your losses.  That does sound really difficult.  But, give yourself some credit that you've gotten through your first week at a new job and you're in a new country without being homesick!  You sound like a tough cookie.  You may not be able to be physically with those you love, but don't forget you can always call or write or e-mail!  
  • I'm very sorry for your losses.
  • All of the messages were very comforting.

On Sunday, my FI and I went to the beach and collected seashells to send to my aunt and the rest of the family. That was all he asked for when we were going to be near the ocean, just a handful of seashells.

My mom also kept my dogs ashes, so that when I go home for Christmas we can decide on a place to scatter them.

Thank you everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards