New Jersey

Hair & Makeup

What is the doing rate for bridal hair and makeup lately? I'm looking for hair/makeup for both myself and about 8 other ladies within the wedding that's reasonable. Thanks!

Re: Hair & Makeup

• I LOVED my makeup - I paid $125 for mine and I could not be happier - and I paid $60 for my hair! and everyone raved about how beautiful my hair was
  • Hi pce515! It's so good to hear from you how are you? Did your wedding already happen? I seemed to recall you mentioning Thanksgiving...

Thanks for the update on the hair and makeup that sounds much more reasonable! Would you mind recommending them?
  • hi!! I had my wedding on 8/29/15 - but I come back here every now and them because I miss it!! Of course - I will send you a private message!!! Here is the makeup - and honestly, the pictures on her site dont do it justice - http://tiacosmetics.com/
  • I am using Makeup Artisry by Denise!  She is based out of Toms River.  You have to go to her house for your trial, but then she will travel anywhere for the wedding.  She is absolutely lovely.  I am getting married 2/2016 so have not had wedding yet, but did my trial and loved it.  For airbrush makeup she charges $70 for bridesmaids ($75 if you want eyelashes) and $100 for bride, BUT if you have 9 or more people (including yourself) you only pay $70 as a bride.  I think she is definitely worth checking out, I loved her and know several people who have used her as well :) 

My hair lady is a family friend out of PA, she is traveling to NJ for our wedding and only charging $70 per person.  I have been in other weddings and paid average $100 for each hair and makeup so to me, $140 total for the girls seemed great to me!
  • I used Michelle Rivera- Truebutterfleyes Make up Artist.  She was amazing!!!!  VERY Reasonable and such a pleasure to work with!

I used Dana- In Style Down the Aisle for Hair.  My hair came out exactly the way I wanted it...  Everyone  of my girls looks amazing too!  We got compliments all night long!  My hair lasted from 11am-2am the following morning!!!

• Thank you ladies! I will definitely check out your suggestions. And sorry for the late response, I just got a new job and it's been a little crazy. But thank you again! 
  • I'm using Cindy at Up Do's & Eye Do's. She's been amazing throughout all of my questions and tons of emails. 
  • I also used Cindy (makeup) and Audrey (hair) from Up Do's & Eye Do's and they were excellent!  Audrey is now my go to hair stylist and I went back to Cindy to do my makeup for a holiday party!  Definitely recommend them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards