Outdoor Weddings

Outdoor Wedding

I am having my wedding this weekend in Northwest Missouri. It's been in the mid 80's the last couple weeks so I wasn't concerned about the weather until today. I checked the weather for Saturday, October 3rd and it's going to be in the mid 50's with a 50% chance of rain as of right now. How cold is too cold to have an outdoor wedding? I do have an indoor venue as a back up, but I'd like to keep it outdoors if at all possible. Thanks in advance!

Re: Outdoor Wedding

• Mid 50's is way too cold.  Go with the indoor backup.
  • I'm thinking as long as it's above 65 degree and sunny, we will have it outside.
  • We are hoping to have ours outdoors in a couple of weeks. The average temp for the area at that time is anywhere from 60-80. I bought a bunch of blankets from IKEA for $3 each that we'll have available for the ceremony. In my opinion (and I'm someone who is always cold) if it's in the 60s it's ok as long as guests know it's going to be outside and I'd recommend having either some heaters or blankets available. 50s would be too cold for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I think 65+ and sunny is a good plan.   65 and cloudy I would go inside.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:

I think 65+ and sunny is a good plan.   65 and cloudy I would go inside.
    I agree with this.  Luckily, depending on your venue, you can make your decision the day before or even the day of.

• MobKaz said:
    We are hoping to have ours outdoors in a couple of weeks. The average temp for the area at that time is anywhere from 60-80. I bought a bunch of blankets from IKEA for $3 each that we'll have available for the ceremony. In my opinion (and I'm someone who is always cold) if it's in the 60s it's ok as long as guests know it's going to be outside and I'd recommend having either some heaters or blankets available. 50s would be too cold for me.
    Honestly, if blankets are necessary, then it's too cold for an outdoor ceremony.
    I agree.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • MobKaz said:
    We are hoping to have ours outdoors in a couple of weeks. The average temp for the area at that time is anywhere from 60-80. I bought a bunch of blankets from IKEA for $3 each that we'll have available for the ceremony. In my opinion (and I'm someone who is always cold) if it's in the 60s it's ok as long as guests know it's going to be outside and I'd recommend having either some heaters or blankets available. 50s would be too cold for me.
    Honestly, if blankets are necessary, then it's too cold for an outdoor ceremony.
    Agreed. I went to an outdoor wedding last year in September. It was sunny and around 70 during the 4:30 ceremony, but as soon as the sun started to set, it got cold fast. They had blankets but I was freezing and uncomfortable the whole time. It wouldn't have been a big deal had I been dressed in jeans and a hoodie but in a dress with a light sweater, I was not a happy camper.

OP - H and I went a wedding a couple of weeks ago - rained from the time we woke up to the time we went to bed that night and it was only in the upper 50s/low 60s. The reception was outdoors in a tent and again, I was cold the entire time. Plus it was an incredibly muddy walk from our cars to the tent. Unless it's definitely 65+ and sunny, have it indoors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards