Not Engaged Yet

Monday Fitness Check In

Month is almost up, ladies!  How did we do?

This week I worked out every day.  Even though I missed two workouts this month, I doubled up on some in the beginning so I'm sure I'll meet my goal of 30 workouts this month and then some.  :)  I'm proud of sticking to it.  

Monday: 45 minutes elliptical
Tuesday: 45 minutes spin
Wednesday: 5 mile walk
Thursday: 45 minute elliptical
Friday: 5 mile walk
Saturday: 3 mile walk plus a few miles at the zoo
Sunday: 3 mile walk

Today I plan on 45 minutes on the elliptical.  
Tomorrow I'm thinking a 5 mile walk if the weather holds.
Wednesday: 45 minutes elliptical
Thursday: Yoga maybe
Friday: 5 mile walk
Saturday: 3-5 mile walk
Sunday 2 mile walk

Re: Monday Fitness Check In

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2015
    Last week wasn't terrific for me: 

Monday: 45 minutes cardio - Did 35 minutes on the elliptical
    Tuesday: 45 minutes cardio - 1.68 mile run
    Wednesday: Tennis with H - 40 mins of tennis with H
    Thursday: 45 minutes cardio - None
    Friday: 30DS before work - None
    Saturday: Rest - Walked ALL day
    Sunday: I get home from MA about an hour before the gym closes, I may or may not make it there. - None

But it's a new week so I'm putting that all behind me: 

Monday: Total Tone class 
    Tuesday: 45 mins cardio
    Wednesday: 2 mile run 
    Thursday: 45 minutes cardio
    Friday: Rest 
    Saturday: Yoga and 2 mile run 
    Sunday: RUNNING my first 5k!

ETA: Looks like I'm going to finish out September with 15 total workouts. I wonder if I would have hit the 20 if I'd started on the 1st instead of the 8th. 

• I've done pretty well!

Last week -
    Monday and Tuesday I didn't work out.

Wednesday - Ran 3.5 miles
    Thursday - Ran 3.2 miles
    Friday - Ran 2.1 miles
    Saturday - Ran 2.3 miles
    Sunday - Ran 2.3 miles

I didn't run this morning because I had THE BEST 4:30 AM WAKE UP CALL EVER from my mom that my sister had gone in to labor. But I don't think I would have gone anyway, we have a steady drizzily rain and it just would have been impossible.

So for this week -
    Tuesday - Run (need to catch up and do 4 miles at least)
    Wednesday - Run (3 miles)

If I run 7 miles between tomorrow and Wednesday then I will meet my goal of 26.2 miles for the month of September!!!

Thursday - No work out because Wednesday will be a late night working.
    Friday - Easy run

• Last week I ran a Mon, Tues, Weds, Fri, and Sunday. I'm at 18 workouts for the month!

This week:
    Monday - Run
    Tuesday - Off
    Wednesday - Run number 20!!!! WOOOOO!!!

I have decided to commit to a 50 day program starting October 1. That will bring me to Nov 19, which is the weekend of my first dress fitting. I want to buckle down and lose about 7-9 pounds in that time so I am at goal before my fittings and the holidays. Then I can spend the last 2 months before my wedding focusing on maintaining and toning up. My goal for those 50 days is 33 runs.

Has anyone heard of dietbet?
  • @jenjen047 - I tried to commit to a long-term DietBet and I failed miserably!

• Last week:
    Monday - None
    Tuesday - 50 minutes on the elliptical
    Wednesday - Trained for about an hour and 20 minutes and then came back later for 50 minutes of cardio
    Thursday - None
    Friday - 40 minutes on the elliptical
    Saturday - 50 minutes on the elliptical
    Sunday - 90 minutes-- I did half arms and half elliptical

This week:
    Today - Probably 30 minutes of legs and 20 minutes on the elliptical
    Tuesday - 30 minutes of arms and 20 minutes on the elliptical
    Wednesday - 50 minutes on the elliptical
    Thursday - Rest (in Kansas City)
    Friday - Probably 50 minutes on the elliptical after I get home from the airport
    Saturday - Probably arms and cardio
    Sunday - Probably legs and cardio

Since I'm just barely missing my goal of 20 workouts for September, I'm recommitting to 20 in October!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @jenjen047 - I've heard of dietbet but never done it.  Also, November 19th is my birthday so its a good day...just saying.  ;)

I might keep up the accountability threads, ladies.  I really want to continue to be consistent in my workouts.  My weight hasn't budged in about a month, unfortunately, and I think its due to snacking mindlessly. I also think I might be overestimating the amount of calories I'm burning while exercising so I'm going to do more research on that.  I've started charting today my calorie intake.  My goal is about 1400-1500 calories a day (eating back my estimated exercise calories) and eating really healthy food (well...other than chocolate).  Anyone had success with that range?
  • jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    @swazzle - Aww :( Any interest in trying a short term one? I just signed up for the Love Sweat Fitness Pre-Holiday Slim Down. It's a $30 4 week game starting on Oct 1. My goal will be about 6 pounds, which would be awesome! I heard you can sign up for multiple games at once, so you increase your chances of winning more money. I'm afraid to do that because 6 pounds feels like a lot for 4 weeks and I'd hate to be out like $100 if I don't hit goal.

ETA: For anyone who hasn't heard of Dietbet, essentially you pay a certain amount of money to join a 4 week "game". The goal is the same for everyone: lose 4% of your starting weight. At the end of 4 weeks the pot of money is split among everyone who has hit or exceeded goal. You a guaranteed to at least break even if you hit goal.
  • @minskat30 - Definitely keep up the thread! I love it!
  • @minskat30 - I want us to keep up these threads!!!

@jenjen047 - I'll think about it! I'd have to wait until payday to join anyway due to budget so I'll look into it on Wednesday. 

• I think I need to start on this now that I have time.  I want to get my body more toned again I've been so lazy since I began studying.

Monday- short abs work out

Tuesday- elliptical and an abs work out

Wednesday-??? maybe a rest day at least an abs work out

Thursday- elliptical abs work out

Friday- does a deep cleaning of a house count??? Abs workout

Saturday- yoga 1 1/2hour class

Sunday- I plan to be lazy and watch football, maybe get H to take a walk with me.

Hopefully I can hold myself to this, or at least some of this plan as I can begin to get back into post studying life.

I miss the daily accountability threads where we posted what we ate too. It helped me not be so lazy about eating and mean planning. 

Anniversary

• Yes, please keep the accountability threads. I wasn't counting my workouts this month but I know I didn't do 20 because I didn't really commit until last week. 

Last week:
    Sunday: ~3 mile walk
    Monday: off day
    Tuesday: ~3 mile walk
    Weds: 1 hr lower body workout video
    Thurs: ~3 mile walk
    Friday: off day: 
    Saturday: ~40 minute Blogilates core workouts

this week:
    Sunday: I did a 3 mile walk
    Today: I will probably take off
    goals for the rest of the week:
    Combination of walking, JM dvd and Blogilates workouts, probably taking Friday off

• Here is the link for anyone who is interested in joining my game (or any game, for that matter): https://www.dietbet.com/games/71289
  • LAST WEEK
    Monday: Easy PiYo
    Tuesday: PiYo Sweat
    Wednesday: off
    Thursday: 45 minute walk
    Friday: off (PMDD day)
    Saturday: Run 2.25 miles 
    Sunday: PiYo Sculpt

THIS WEEK:
    Monday: Ran 2.5 miles this morning, plan to do yoga for legs and back tonight to stretch
    Tuesday: some DVD work out
    Wednesday: off
    Thursday: PiYo
    Friday: some work out DVD
    Saturday: Ru n 2.75 miles
    Sunday:  some work out DVD

• @minskat30 - GREAT JOB!! 30 workouts in a month is no joke! Your goal calories sound low, especially if you're working out every day. I'm supposed to eat ~1,500 calories not counting my workouts. I will say that when I was religiously around 1,400 a day (net w/ workouts), I did lose weight, but I wasn't trying to build muscle at that point, just lose weight overall.

@swazzle - WHAT? You have a 5k this weekend? How exciting!

@labro - You're totally going to meet your goal... nice job! And what an exciting day for the Ho sisters!!!

Monday - Crossfit (done, yay!) - Did it
    Tuesday - 2-3 mile run - Did a 3 mile run
    Wednesday - Crossfit - Did it
    Thursday - rest
    Friday - Crossfit - Did it
    Saturday - 3 mile run - Realized on Saturday morning that I actually needed to do a 4 mile run.
    Sunday - rest

I'm at 19 workouts for September with Crossfit scheduled for Wednesday, meeting my goal of 20 workouts. My goal for October is 22. Three crossfit workouts and at least two runs a week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger - My friend is apart of a colon cancer organization (her dad passed away from it a few years ago) and they have an annual 5k. This is the 3rd year in NYC -- they actually have been doing it longer in DC -- and I've walked it the past 2 years so I'm going to try to run the whole thing this time. H is doing it too but he plans to finish in under 20 minutes because the Dolphins are playing at 9:30am so he has to get to the bar on time lol I told him I'd meet him there. 

• @cu97tiger - Thanks!  As to the calories...I would definitely eat back my workout calories to be net 1,400-1,500 per day.  No way I would eat 1,400 then workout for 30-45 minutes and burn 300 calories in a workout to be net 1100.  I think I'd kill my metabolism that way.  Way to go on crossfit goals!  Taking up crossfit is on my bucket list.  For now, just getting into working out daily as a habit is my goal though.  

@swazzle - WTG on signing up for a 5k. I'm rooting you on!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards