Connecticut

Seeking feedback on venue's

Hi, fiancé and I booked a venue back in May for our wedding Oct 2016. However, fiancé unsure if we're going to be able to have the minimum number of guest, 100. Plate is $100 per person and if we don't meet the 100 have to pay whatever else is needed to reach the $10,000.

We're looking for a place that is between $50-$75 a plate. Preferably a place that be okay with 75 or less people, looking to do a small wedding now. Extra bonus, but not necessary place that can include a wedding cake in the package and have water nearby.

We are looking at Tashu Knolls, The Tradition, and Bella Vista.

Any other recommendations be great.

We're looking to do it in October, but open to a winter wedding.

Re: Seeking feedback on venue's

• The Country House in East Haven isn't badly priced and it will fit a variety of sizes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Also Simsbury Inn, the Inn at Middletown.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are having our wedding at wright's mill farm. They fit within your price range, include cake, and could accommodate small wedding.
  • We went with the Country House....what a stressful week ha. Think looked at 4 venue's. The owner at the Country House was super accommodating and friendly. Worked with us in regards to budget.

Now have to find what to do for transportation and hotel service.

Any recommendations in the East Haven area?
  • Colonial Tavern in Oxford!
  • we had our wedding at testas in southington  testas.net  they have two rooms both are amazing they dont have huge grounds outside they have parking and its in downtown so they have alot of old vintage looking buildings nearby.

they have wedding packages to fit all budgets, they have this add on package dj cake and centerpieces you get a three tiered wedding cake, you have ten different options to choose from in terms of designs and they offer two types of filling buttercream and chocolate mousse. ( other fillings and designs cost extra) also in this add on includes centerpieces for each table you have a choice of short or tall. plus you get an amazing dj who will work with you on your music prefrences. 

we had a 5 course sit down  with  hot and cold appitizers, open bar for 4/12 hours  we did chicken francaise, prime rib, twin stuffed lobster tails ( was included and not extra most places charge extra for certain kinds of seafood) and our veg option was eggplant parm 

food was amazing staff was amazin and enzo the owner if i had a question and he was not around or the wedding coordinator was out of the building they would get back to me asap. we paid around 85 a head and that included tax and service charge 

the minimum for the   big room was 100 i think we were told if we didnt have 100 and only had like 90 the ten extra people would only cost us half of the 85 but i am not sure on that 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards