2»

Re: Is this true?!?!?!

• edited September 2015
    lyndausvi said:
    How many of you have heard of Scrapple?
    My husband is from  PA so yep!
  • lyndausvi said:

I've never heard of scrapple but I'm obsessed with Gazebo Greek Dressing which is another Hershey/York regional thing!

@shessocold I first read Giordanos (sp?) the pizza chain and thought, eew lol. We have it at grocery stores here but not neccessarily in restaurants.
  • lyndausvi said:
    Mmmmmm.... Scrapple! I lived in Philadelphia for years and was instantly hooked on the stuff the first time I tried it! Once you stop questioning what it's made from and get over the fact that it's a strange and unnatural shade of gray then it's just a mouthful of glorious flavorful crispy/greasy deliciousness! I also love all the strange British breakfast puddings like black and white pudding so I think Scrapple sort of fits in the same category.
  • We have it in NY, but not on pizza a far as I know. More of an antipasta than a pizza topping.
  • lyndausvi said:
    My Mom loves it!  Whenever she is in town (Marylander here) she has to buy a brick of it to take home.

As for giardinera, had to google it because I had no clue what it was.  Now I feel the need to check out the Italian aisle at the food store to see if it is there.

• The fuck is scrapple?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @ShesSoCold - scrapple is a mush of pork scraps, different types of flour, cornmeal and spices.  It is formed into a loaf and slices are then pan fried.  It is typically served as a breakfast side dish, kind of like an alternative to sausage or bacon.

I believe Andrew Zimmerman from Bizarre Foods had an episode that included people up in PA making scrapple.  It is definitely not the most appealing thing to watch being prepared.

• @ShesSoCold - scrapple is a mush of pork scraps, different types of flour, cornmeal and spices.  It is formed into a loaf and slices are then pan fried.  It is typically served as a breakfast side dish, kind of like an alternative to sausage or bacon.

I believe Andrew Zimmerman from Bizarre Foods had an episode that included people up in PA making scrapple.  It is definitely not the most appealing thing to watch being prepared.
    Sounds like it would be good with gardinera.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

I had heard of it but didn't know how it was made until Mike Jobs covered it on an episode of Dirty Jobs. It looks absolutely disgusting but I kind of want to try it. 
  • I've lived in MA, AL, AZ and I've never heard of the original question or scrapple. They both sound unappealing.

• I had to google both.

• Well I had no idea what you were talking about and had to Google it... Does that answer your question?

For reference, I've lived in New England and the Mid-Atlantic.
    I haven't read all the responses yet, but I've lived in the same areas and HAVE heard of it.  In fact we keep a jar of it in our fridge. 

• lyndausvi said:
    I've heard of it, but won't touch it.  My dad loved it.

• I thought you were talking about giardia at first... I was very confused about the excitement over it. New weight loss method maybe? Lose weight with giardia! 
  • I thought it was a venereal disease, until I Googled it.

Nope, I've never seen it here in Texas or in Louisiana.
    My H and I call that dog disease that comes from goose poop gardinera. It's similar. 
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2015
    I was born and raised in Chicago (well, suburbs), and since moving south I have never seen it.  On the flip side, I had never seen chow chow until I moved here.

Or livermush, but I still wish I had never seen (or smelled) livermush.
  • lyndausvi said:
    I have, but that's due to the Charlie Parker song "Scrapple from the Apple".  I looked it up because I was curious.  I've never had it or anything.
    Married 9.12.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards