Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Gluten Free/Vegan?

Hey y'all,

I am having no light bulbs on this today. One of my FI's guests just RSVP's that they are both gluten free and vegan because of health issues. One of my bridesmaids is also gluten free, but I am unsure how to handle this guest with the second complication.

What should he be served? Currently we have a buffet of chicken roulade, steak, Caesar salad, rolls, green beans, and mashed potatoes.

TIA

Re: Gluten Free/Vegan?

• Options

Is gluten free pasta available at your venue? Adding veggies and making a sauce out of oil/vegetable stock is a good way to make a filling meal.

If not, what about something with a portabella mushroom or eggplant main served with rice (or other gluten free grain), or a stuffed squash? You can also offer a salad with just a simple vinaigrette.

Are the mashed potatoes made with cream or butter? I make mine at home with stock and garlic so that can be done to keep the sides the same.

Are you having a cocktail hour? If so, lots of dips and crudité can be made gluten free and vegan - hummus, white bean dip, veggies, fruit, grape leaves, guacamole.

Talk to your venue about options, they may have dealt with dietary restrictions before. Good luck!   

• Options
    Ask your caterer and/or venue what GF and vegan their,  if any, options are.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    Ask your caterer and/or venue what GF and vegan their,  if any, options are.
    This.  This is definitely not something that you have to figure out.  Use your vendors experience here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards