Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Show me your rings girls <3

2»

Re: Show me your rings girls &lt;3

• Options
    Not the best picture. And excuse my non manicured hands! This is my second ring. He surprised me with it at work. Such a sweetie.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So I'm back from Vienna and we picked the rings! I wanted something very modern and dramatic, in a pink or purple stone. I went for a round, concave cut round amethyst. Has anybody heard of concave cuts before? You can see an image of a concave round vs a more traditional brilliant cut round stone here: http://www.gemselect.com/other-info/concave-cutting.php Apparently it's a cut that doesn't suit every stone and size, but is perfect for my large round amethyst. 
    The ring will be in yellow gold, with a modern flat band like in the image below. This one is in platinum but the stone is very much like the one I will have. This is the ring that provided the inspiration for my engagement ring.
    It will take around three weeks to arrive, so will have to wait now. Excited!image
  • Options
    xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    So is the top of the stone actually curved inwards? I love the idea of it! Hurray for non-traditional rings!
  • Options
    @xoeden, the top is flat. The little facets in the bottom (the ones that join in the bottom of the stone to make the little pointy bit) are curved in and then out, instead of being flat. It is a relatively new technique and makes the stone look really different. 
  • Options
    xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I so have to keep that in mind when we finally go ring shopping!
  • Options
    Way cool!!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Bump cause I finally got mine! (only 10 days ahead of the wedding, lol -- we massively underestimated the amount of time it takes to custom-make a ring)

I love star sapphires and I've never had one before. I get why women lose their shit over rings now. I'm madly in love with this thing. 

• Options
    Some beautiful to rings. I am a UK bride the ring with the diamond in the middle was my engagement ring and the diamond band is my wedding band. Is this how it is done in the U.S? Engagement ring and then wedding band?
  • Options
    Many US brides do it that way! Some switch to wearing just a band. Some have both, and wear the one they want depending on the situation. I'll be doing that myself -- I'm in health care and my job requires a lot of handwashing and glove use, so I have a plain wide band to wear to work. I'll wear the sparkly and its band on days I'm not working.
  • Options
    Here's mine. I love it! I picked it out while we were "just looking". We had been engaged for 8 months at this point and he said that my face lit up so much that he just knew it was the one and bought it on the spot! ;-) I am getting two bands (one for each side) that look just like this ring but without the center stones and baguettes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards