Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

rock music...

My fiance and I are picking out our music and really having a hard time finding music that we like but is also appropriate for a wedding. So far we have Future Days by Pearl Jam as our first dance song. and Thank You by Led Zeppelin in there also. We love music like this and am wondering what others have had along the same lines for specific dances events. don't get me wrong we will have normal dance music for most of the night.

Re: rock music...

• Options
    I'm into classic rock.  We are doing some songs that I'm sure aren't for everyone.  For our recessional we are doing "Sweet Child O Mine" by Guns and Roses mainly for the intro.  Our first dance will most likely be "Your Song" by Elton John (not really rock but a classic none the less)  Our cake cutting song will be "Stuck With You" by Huey Lewis- we don't mind the lyrics... I know they give the wrong idea... Other songs we may incorporate are "You're My Best Friend" by Queen.  Still coming up with more ideas but we wanted a lot of classic rock.  I grew up going to Moody Blues concerts with my parents... so classic rock was a big part of my childhood and most of our family and friends will enjoy it.  But as you said- we will also have typical dance songs.  
  • Options
    FI and I have a good mix of "regular" dancing/party songs and some rock with a little country. We are using "Trampled Under Foot" by Led Zepplin for the recessional (I know it's about a car) bc I like the "talkin bout love" part and the general upbeat feel of the song. We are going to have our first dance to "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica, and the last song of the night will be "Don't You Wanna Stay" by Jason Aldean & Kelly Clarkson. A few other sprinklings we have are "Foxy Lady" by Jimi Hendrix, "Smooth Criminal" by Alien Ant Farm and "Yeah" by Usher bc there is a cute story involving FI's youngest brother. I am sure a few of our guests will be more into certain songs than others, but it's hard to please everyone. As long as there are bodies on the dance floor having a great time, that's what matters!
  • Options
    I love what you are doing! My fiance and I are in a similar position. I'm walking down the aisle to Angie, by the Stones and our first Dance is Bon Jovi's Thank you for loving me. I'm more into classic rock and hes into more current music. It's your guys day, you should just have fun with it, that's what the wedding is all about. Guests will be drinking and dancing and having a good time regardless. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards