Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVP Cards

alhaley88alhaley88 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited October 2015 in Wedding Invitations & Paper
Question about the RSVP cards.Is it rude to put on the RSVP cards "We have reserved ___ seats for you"? Or is there a better way to phrase it? We are on a budget and don't want a free for all for the number of people someone brings. I'm not sure if this actually happens, but I don't want people to think they can bring just anyone. If this is not acceptable ettiquette, what can I do to ensure we stay within our budget and guest count? (as this affects the #of tables, seating arrangements, etc.)

Edit: Can't type or spell today...TGIF

Thanks!

Re: RSVP Cards

• Fill in the number of reserved seats on the card for each guest.  If someone adds guests to that number, you need to contact them and let them know that you can't accommodate their additional guests.
  • well that's what I meant. haha sorry. the blank seemed to make more sense in my head....i meant putting the actual number where the blank is. So we can limit the number of guests on the RSVP card? Perfect.
  • Also make sure to address your invitations to each specific person invited like - Bob and Jane Doe. Not The Doe Family since that's a little more vague about who is actually invited. Adding the number of seats reserved definitely adds an extra level of clarity.

• I don't know, I'm not a fan of that phrase on the RSVPs, especially when it says "in your honor".  Can't you just address the invitations to the people who are invited?  That's what we did, and we didn't have any problems with people trying to invite others.  Not one person.  And for the most part, we had no kids invited.

• I personally don't think any RSVP card is failsafe.  If someone is clueless or tactless enough to add uninvited guests, they will do it regardless of RSVP format.

I had a nephew add his toddler to DD's invitation.  He asterisked the entree selection and noted that toddler would not require food as they would bring their own and/or share their entree.  Toddler was not addressed on the invitation.

Nephew's mother, at a different family wedding years ago, knew FOR A FACT that children were not invited.  It was an OOT wedding and she was aware we had already made child care arrangements with my folks.  It was crystal clear.  She brought them anyway.

RSVP cards do not prevent idiots/ego-centric adults from following your protocol.  I would not reinvent the wheel trying to do so.
  • We wrote in the people's names on the M________________ line.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards