Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

How to explain to guests that they need to pay bride and groom for accomodations

2»

Re: How to explain to guests that they need to pay bride and groom for accomodations

• Options
    zitiqueen said:

Agree with PP, but what resort in northern Michigan?
    Is it bad that my first thought was TreeTops and that she must be a UM grad?  

Seriously, there are so many beautiful resorts in Northern Michigan and you went with this one, whichever it is?   Did you look at other resorts?  I know Grand Traverse, Boyne, and so many others don't do this.  I agree with PP's; ask the hotel to book the rooms directly and credit you the difference, or offer the rooms to your VIP's and eat the costs. 

My first thought went to Fireside Inn. But that's because I'm used to going north to the east side of the state rather than the west. Though I bet it is on the west side since it is the more touristy side in the north.
    Yep, the east side is the best-kept secret in the state. Lakefront property is still affordable and the houses/cottages aren't all 15 feet apart.
    No kidding, my dad has a cabin up there with like 150 feet of lakefront property (inland lake, not Lake Huron). It is amazing and beautiful. And quiet.
  • Options
    We had to rent the whole house at the estate where we got married. We gave the rooms to our VIPs, end of story.
  • Options
    We had 2 sets of accommodations. A hotel block that guests could reserve about 10 minutes away, and then 2 cabins on the property connected to the brewery. We rented the cabins and put some of our VIPs there (the ones who wouldn't mind sharing a cabin that sleeps 10). We had several people who were not staying with us come join us for the after party/day after brunch and then go back to the hotel. We figured that the $ we spent for the 4 days we rented them was worth it, since we have a venue for all of us to hang out together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards