Connecticut

Italian Wedding Venues in CT

Any recommendations we are leaning towards Anthony Ocean View only issue is no near ny hotel's for guest. Any suggestions on venue's and hotel's near by AOV?

Appreciate the feedback

Re: Italian Wedding Venues in CT

• edited October 2015
    Did you look at Anthony's online brochure? There were several hotel recs.

• Funny you ask! Finding a hotel to make a group booking near Anthony's has been the most stressful part of planning so far! The Omni seems to be the most popular to base your wedding guest, however, they were booked for group blocks for our date. There is also a Courtyard New Haven but they could only promises 10 rooms...also the neighborhood was sketchy.

We picked Courtyard Orange/New Haven. It's a bit further from Anthony's than I'd hoped, but the coordinator really knows what she's doing. New Haven has a serious lack of nice hotels! One place on my list had a random shooting that just missed a guest sleeping in bed, so I crossed that one off the list...
  • I'm getting married at the Cobbs Mill Inn in Weston which is not super close to any hotels.  One of the Norwalk hotels probably would have been most convenient but I didn't like any of them.  Either they weren't nice, didn't have a hotel bar that we could use for an after party or didn't have a bridal suite (I'll be getting dressed at the hotel so I really wanted a suite).  We ended up going with the Sheraton Stamford for our room block which is about a half hour away so we booked transportation for our guests.  I'll have quite a few out of town guests so it was really important to me to use a nice hotel that our guests will enjoy.  Plus, the coordinator there has been amazing.  

In your situation I would think more outside New Haven and find a place your guests will be comfortable. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • testas in southington testas.net amazing food amazing service my guest came hungry and by the time desert came they were so stuffed. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards